058

New Orleans, June 2006

"Why exactly are you dragging me through the woods?" I questioned with a curious grin. I looked to the sky which was beginning to grow dark.

"I wanted to show you something." Klaus replied, walking beside me. We were walking through a place Klaus called the Bayou. I'd never really heard of it before.

"What?" I asked.

He walked a little quicker, before stopping and facing me. He held his hand out, gesturing to the floor, "This."

I looked down to see several white lilies growing in the ground around a tree. I smiled as I looked back up to Klaus, "Lilies."

"I know how much you love them." He said, "I thought you'd like to know the meaning of them."

I stared at him in complete awe, "I'd love to."

Klaus put his hands behind his back as he spoke, "Well, the first thing I remember is from the ancient Greeks."

I smirked, "Wow, something actually older than you?"

Klaus chuckled before continuing, "Greek brides use to wear a crown of lilies to symbolise their wish for a child."

I sighed before smiling, "Well, that's all it'll be for me, a wish."

"An old wives tale suggests that if you held a rose and lily in either hand and approach a pregnant woman. Which ever she picked would indicate the sex. Rose for a girl. Lily for a boy." Klaus told me.

I continued to smile, "I guess I would have had a boy then."

"And he would be the luckiest little boy." Klaus replied, smiling aswell.

I giggled, "Anything else?"

"They symbolise majesty." Klaus said. He paused a moment before walking towards me, "Now I know why you love them so much."

I let out a laugh, "Oh please. Me? A Queen?"

Klaus didn't reply, he just smiled. After a moment, he spoke again, "Lastly, it's a flower that says "It's heavenly to be with you."."

A wide smile stretched across my lips, not only at his words but remembering him surprising me with lilies last month. I looked to the floor, trying to hide the fact I was blushing so much.

When I glanced back up to Klaus, everything went into slow motion. I was pushed backwards against a tree, an incredible pain in my chest right near my heart. I screamed loudly in pain. Infront of me was a man, dark brown hair, hazel eyes, an open collared shirt. But he was quickly gone as I felt myself fall weakly to the ground.

"Cassie!" Is all I could hear Klaus shouting over and over.

I groaned in immense pain as I felt wood scraping the edge of my heart. After a moment the pain eased and my vision became clearer, everything becoming normal again. Klaus was crouched infront of me, his hand cupping my face, "Are you alright, love?"