018

I stood up from a bench I was sat on in the French Quarter. I walked down the street which was strangely empty. I furrowed my brows, confused.

How did I get here? And where was everybody else?

I quickened my pace before hearing a noise behind me. I gasped in fright and turned around on my heels. Kieran was standing there.

"Hello, Cassie." He said, walking closer.

The left side of his shirt was full of blood where his heart had been ripped out. His thumb was missing and he had the black X hex mark on his hand.

I shook my head and moved backwards, "Get away from me."

"You killed me." He said, continuing to walk closer.

I breathed heavily, feeling the tears welling up, "I didn't mean to, you were going to kill Cami."

"I had a family, friends, colleagues and you took me from them." He replied, "I had a life and you took it. You ripped my heart out without blinking and I'm gonna make sure you pay."

A tear rolled down my cheek and I vamp ran away. I stopped outside the compound. I pulled at the doors but they wouldn't open. I turned my head to see Kieran walking closer with a stake in his hand.

I pulled at the doors harder, crying, "Please open, please. Klaus, Elijah, please."

Kieran stood right beside me, "You are the worst creature on this earth. Maybe I should take your life."

He lunged towards me but I easily kicked him off and ran. I ended up at St. Anne's church. I ran inside and slammed the doors shut. I ran towards the altar.

"Klaus." I cried, "I need you, Klaus. Please help me." The doors opened and Kieran walked in. I grabbed a candle holder from the table, "Stay away from me."

"Klaus can't protect you now." Kieran said, walking closer.

"What do you want from me?" I sobbed, holding the candle holder infront of me.

"I want to kill you like you killed me." Kieran replied.

"Then do it." I screamed, "Stake me."

"But I want to do it in a way that will hurt you for the rest of your eternal life." Kieran said. He threw the stake at me and it stabbed into my stomach. I groaned and fell to my knees, dropping the candle holder. When I looked back up Kieran was holding Klaus.

"Klaus?" I furrowed my brows. I grabbed the stake to pull it out but it began to dig deeper. I groaned in pain and looked up to Kieran, "What are you doing?"

"I'm taking away a life that is important to you, just like you took me from Cami." He said.

"Please." I begged, trying to pull the stake out but it stayed in.

Kieran pulled out a white oak stake and thrust it straight into Klaus' chest. Klaus gasped and suddenly flames began to burst from the stake. I gasped and screamed in shock and pain. Tears streamed down my face as Klaus began to turn grey and the flames took over his entire body.