011

I was standing beside Marcel with a bunch of vampires infront of us. He was sending them in pairs in different directions to search for Klaus and Rebekah.

It had been an entire night and still nothing. We weren't going to stop until they were found. I spotted Elijah walking towards us through the corner of my eye.

I turned to him as he spoke, "Anything?"

"They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere." Marcel replied, "Daywalkers are working every contact we've got. Cops, dock workers, guys in the Treme. Word is out: anyone trying to earn favor with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them."

"Good. I need a pen and paper." Elijah simply said to Marcel and then walked away. Marcel and I exchanged confused looks before we followed after him.

"Hey, am I taking orders from you now, or are we in this together?" Marcel questioned him as we walked into the study.

"Pen and paper, Marcellus. Now!" Elijah demanded, frustrated.

"I want her back just as much as you do, you know. The both of them." Marcel told him.

Elijah didn't answer which made Marcel huff. He left the study to get what Elijah had asked for. Elijah suddenly starting taking his shirt off.

"Woah, Elijah." I said, turning my head away, "I mean I remember your body, but now isn't a great time."

"I need you to make a list of these names." He ordered me.

I turned back to face him, seeing his body was covered in tattoos. I furrowed my brows and moved closer. They were all names.

I ran my finger along a tattoo on his shoulder, reading the name, "Sabine? Elijah, what is this?"

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries." Elijah told me. I turned my head as I felt Marcel walk back into the room.

He handed me the pen and paper, "It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears."

"What's the point?" I asked.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between Hayley and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer." Elijah explained, "To find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names."

I took notice in the mention of Hayley, meaning he had saved her over them.

Marcel looked closely at Elijah's tattoos, "The name next to Sabine, Annie La Fleur, she's the witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out."

▂▂▂▂

I wandered around the compound, waiting for Marcel and Elijah's return. Or for one of the vampires to tell me they'd found Klaus and Rebekah. I came to a halt when I saw Hayley in the downstairs living room, reading.

"Hey." I said, walking towards her.

She looked up from the list of tattooed names that were on top of a book, "Hey."

"How are you and the littlest?" I asked, looking to her stomach.

"We're good. I haven't seen you for a while, have you been avoiding me?" She asked.