015

Warning: Sexual Content

My eyes shot open in fear as I heard loud bangs. My face softened at the noise of drills and hammers, not an intruder. I groaned and grabbed the pillow from beside me. I held it over my head trying to block out the noise. It didn't help at all. Vamp hearing was a hundred times louder and you never got use to it.

I groaned again and threw my duvet off. I got up from my bed and stormed out my room. I leant over the balcony to the courtyard where workmen were making the noise. Elijah, Klaus and Genevieve were also down there.

"What is with all the noise?" I shouted down to them.

"My apologise, Cassandra." Elijah shouted back, "Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. We're having the place renovated."

"And you thought it was a good idea to do it in the morning?" I groaned, running a hand through my knotted hair, "I was having a good dream."

"About me, I'm guessing." Klaus said. I could see that annoying, cute smirk on his face.

I let out a laugh, "Well, you definitely need to work on your guesses."

I made my way to the stairs and walked down to them.

"I agree with your brother. It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover." Genevieve said. Everything she said or did made me want to roll my eyes or throw up.

"Careful, Elijah." Klaus warned his brother, "When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something."

"Actually I do have a request." Genevieve said, "I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change."

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah questioned.

"La Fête des Bénêdictions. Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest girls to society."

"So your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment and you would like a party for the witches?" Elijah questioned, clearly he didn't like her either. Klaus chuckled at what Elijah had said.

"I made my amends with your brother. Why don't you think it over?" Genevieve suggested before leaving. I literally wanted to throw up knowing what she meant.

"Oh, don't be such a stiff, Elijah. The tourists love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement the solidarity than a show of faith toward a one-time enemy?" Klaus grinned.

"A onetime enemy with whom you've grown rather nauseatingly intimate." Elijah replied.

"Well, who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?" Klaus smirked.

"Ew. Okay, that is my cue to go." I screwed my nose up, disgusted.

I stared at Klaus, my brows furrowed. He was still smirking. He knew he was making me jealous. I huffed and walked back up the stairs.

▂▂▂▂

I sat on the chair near my desk. I drank the luke warm coffee from my mug as I stared at the picture of all my friends that sat on a small pinboard. There was also one of Jeremy, Elena and I that she had taken before Katherine killed him. I missed everyone back in Mystic Falls.