028

"Why did you turn your mother?" I asked Klaus. I stared out of the car window at the hundreds of trees and fields. He was driving me somewhere. I'd asked several times where but he wouldn't tell me.

The car began to slow down as we approached a house. I furrowed my brows, "Where are you taking me?"

"My mother is my concern, I will make her suffer. As for you." He stopped the car on the drive. He turned the engine off and looked at me, "There's someone I want you to meet."

I shot him a confused look before getting out of the car. We walked together towards this beautiful big house. Klaus stopped before the stairs, "I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. The little troublemaker all the fuss has been about."

I stared at the door Klaus gestured to. The door opened and Hayley walked out with a baby in her arms. Klaus walked up the steps and stood beside Hayley on the porch.

"Cassie, this is Hope." Klaus said.

My mouth dropped slightly in shock. This was their daughter? Klaus had told me that she had died. I felt a huge mix of emotions as I stared at the three of them, "But -- you -- I thought she was -- "

Klaus interupted, staring at the baby girl, " -- the only way to truly protect her was to convince the world of her death. I hope you understand. This secret cannot leave with you."

I walked up the steps to stand beside Hayley. I looked at Hope, the most beautiful baby girl and smiled at her. Hope grabbed my finger, "She's perfect." I stood back from Hayley and looked to Klaus, "Why didn't you trust me with your secret?"

"You had enough going on -- "

" -- so, what? You told me she'd died?" I looked at the baby, suddenly getting a flash of memory, like our connection had broken the compulsion. I furrowed my brows in realisation, "I remember her being taken by the witches."

Klaus walked towards me, "Cassie... "

I looked to Hayley, "Take Hope inside."

Hayley nodded and walked back into the house. I rushed down the stairs and began to storm down the path.

"Cassie, stop." Klaus demanded.

I quickly turned to face him in anger, "You compelled me, Klaus!"

"I had to keep my daughter safe." He snapped, walking towards me.

I could feel tears in my eyes, "You did the one thing I have despised my entire vampire life. I forgave you for doing it before, but I begged you not to compel me and you still did it."

"You need to underst -- "

" -- I understand that the person I trusted. The person I love has just broken me, once again." I replied, wiping a tear away with the back of my hand.

"Cassie, I did this because not only did it keep my daughter safe but also you. If you knew information, my mother would have harmed you." Klaus said, his eyes beginning to tear. He clenched his jaw before I spoke.

"I don't care about your bloody mother, Klaus. You don't control the people you love." I yelled. I swallowed hard, a tear falling down my cheek, "But then again, you've never actually admitted it."