Part 5

*A.N.: Very Happy to post this today as you guys will get to meet someone again that you've secretly been thinking about for some time.

Please vote it, and if you haven't already, go back and vote Parts 1-4 as well so Book 2 has a nice start in visibility. Thank you!

Enjoy!

~~~

"Hi, who are you?"

"I'm Jena, and this is my wolf, Lana. We've met before, you know!"

"We have? And how come you own a wolf? Is that legal?"

"Not sure what you mean by legal, but I do not own her. She is me and I am her."

"That makes no sense. I must be dreaming."

"Well, that's new. Never had a dream person tell me he is dreaming before."

"Do I know you? I read somewhere you can only dream of people you've already met. And how come you're talking to me? In my dreams, people never talk to me."

"You are the dream character, friend. Can you tell me your name? You never did tell me your name when we met."

"What do you mean? I'm me."

"Yes, but don't you have a name? Like my name is Jena and you are?"

"I'm... I can't! I can't remember my name and I'm sure I have one. Everybody does."

"Jena, he can't know his name because you don't know it. Since he is part of your subconscious, and he never told you his name in the real world, this version of him coming from the depths of your mind can't know it."

"Your beast talks!"

"Her name is Lana. I already told you that. And she is a wolf, not a beast."

"Ok, sorry! But you should stop talking about me like I'm not real. I'm more real than you are. I'll wake up and you will be gone."

"For a dream mate, you talk too much." She walks forwards and kisses him, strong and needy at first, then slowly relaxing as she is kissed back by the nameless person in front of her.

"What was that for?"

"This is not how this dream usually works. That felt so..."

"Different, palpable, real," Lana supplies the words she can't seem to find or say.

"You two are strange, I feel odd being talked about like I'm not here by a couple of figments of my imagination. And you still haven't told me why you kissed me."

"Because you are our mate!"

"Say what now?"

"Lana means you are our soulmate. I sometimes dream of my soulmate, but you are a bit more cooperative usually."

"I'm NOT A DREAM CHARACTER-PERSON or whatever you think I am. And how the hell can a wolf be my soulmate? Not that I believe in soulmates too much, but let's ignore that for a moment."

"Because she is me and I am her."

"You speak as if you are a werewolf and she is your wolf aspect."

"That's actually rather well put."

"Ha! My dreams are mocking me. Werewolves don't exist. They are myths, book characters, things you read about online."

"Maybe your Earth world doesn't have werewolves, though I wouldn't bet my life on that either, but on my world..."

"You mean dream world?"

"No I mean, Calla."

"Is that a synonym for dreamworld in your language?"

"Does it seem to you like I'm speaking another language? Calla is my world like Earth is yours."

"So you're an alien?"

"Alien?"

"Extraterrestrial, not of Earth – alien?"

"Then yes, just like you are not of Calla."

"Ok, so how come you know of Earth?"

"Because I was there."

"You are an alien from another world that visited Earth. And you've met me?"

"Yes."

"When, how, why?"

"I came to Earth to kill someone."

"So you are a killer alien werewolf that came to Earth, met me and thinks I'm her soulmate. Lucky me."

"I know you are."

"Riiight. Damn, this is the most vivid dream I've ever had."

"I'm beginning to think this is not a dream," Lana says.

"I agree."

"Well, I don't believe you, missy! How did we met then, pray tell? Was I the one you were trying to kill? Did I get Stockholm syndrome? Did we have sex or something? I don't remember you!"

The last words feel like a dagger to Jena's chest and she has to hold back tears.

"You are an insensitive asshole!" Lana rebukes him.

"I've definitely never met you, wolfie!"

"You did not. You only met me. You just said you can't dream about people you've never met. And I wasn't trying to kill you. I was only after my father's killer and I ended up staying with a friend. I attended a class with her. You were in your second year in a - campus I think it was called inside a university or the other way around, don't quite remember. I attended one of your courses with you and we talked a couple of times. That's it. You don't remember any of that?"

"Jena?"

"I don't... you're the girl from Africa?"

"Jena? Wake up, please!"

"Naleea? What the? Nooo, why did you wake me?"

"Uhm, you fell asleep at your desk and you were supposed to get ready for the journey."

*A.N.: So, since Parts 1-4 have been re-released along with Part 5 and the actual Book 2 - The Alpha's War/Soul Mate - I'd really love it if you told me what you thought of the cover and title. Thanks!

Oh, and please and pretty please vote all 1-5 Parts today, it will be a big help!

CAPITAL THANKS!