Part 65

"Seisyll, I still don't get why you are siding with them! I thought you were my best friend!"

"I'm not siding with them, Emre. I see it more as a free for all. By keeping the score, I'm hoping to remain neutral and out of the fight," Seisyll answers with a smile.

"So you want to be Switzerland?"

"What's that big guy?"

"Don't mind him boy, my pupil there is foreign. Things are a bit different where he is from. He has a tendency to say the same thing with words from his homeland. So I assume Emremil is your team leader?"

Meiarr snorts but also nods at the question.

"Give the hot chick another point, Seisyll. She just said 'for now' without using words."

"Mr. Umani, wouldn't it be better if we deducted points instead of just adding?"

"Only if you are afraid of double digits. Not to mention that would put your team leader in the negative and frag this little game of yours."

"Frag?" Seisyll asks looking at Al'Aeen.

"Kill, destroy, eliminate," the big man explains.

"If you ignore his strange words, what my son just said is actually very wise. And I don't think you want a grouchy wolf as a team lead," Umani adds.

"All of you stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Emre yells at them.

"Who said that?" Al'Aeen asks, making the others chuckle.

"Point goes to the big man."

"I wonder if he's big everywhere?"

"What the hell, woman?" Al'Aeen turns to Meiarr with a mortified expression on his face.

"So team leader, take us to your Alpha, please," Umani says hoping to move things along.

"What, you won't resist even a little bit?"

"Why kid, if you want someone to fight I'm sure we can arrange a fight between you and my pupil there once we get to your camp."

Emremil's eyes lit up at the prospect of a fight.

"I'd rather not," Al'Aeen says and Seisyll can see his best friend almost pouting at the refusal.

"Good thing it's my choice and not yours then, ey Al'Aeen?" Umani says, eliciting a sigh from the big man.

"Well, if some sparring will be happening, I'm sure you won't have any trouble pinning me down, hot stuff," Meiarr says, smiling and batting her eyelashes at Al'Aeen.

Feeling uncomfortable under the woman's lingering gaze, he turns to the previous target of his puns for help:

"What the hell is her problem?"

Emremil raises a brow before answering him:

"And why would I ever want to answer you?"

"Well F you all! Especially you, old man for dragging me into this in the first place."

"What did Rin, Ron and I ever do to you?" Seisyll asks, seeming offended.

"Anyway, let's head to our camp for now. Tomorrow morning we can start the trip back to the pack," Emremil says and everyone starts moving.

After another sigh, Al'Aeen gets up and picks the pack once more, placing it behind his shoulders. His steps fall into pace behind Emremil, blocking out the others from his mind.

Meiarr is directly behind him, with both Umani and Seisyll coming after, leaving Rin and Ron in their wolf forms to cover the back.

"If you don't mind me asking Mr. Umani, how do you know Alpha Pherrick?"

"Oh, we go way back."

"Old friends then?"

"More like friendly rivals than friends. What about you Seisyll? And by the way, drop the Mr."

"I'm the sixth of my father's spawn. Guess I was just lucky he hadn't found Meiarr's mother when he sired me, or I probably wouldn't be here."

"That's right! I keep forgetting Shifting Sands has a rather different approach to procreation and child upbringing than the rest of the packs."

"It's our way and it keeps us strong."

"I suppose so. How has the war been affecting the pack?"

"It's been hard, but I guess we are better off than most packs. We've had to move a lot more often, though. It is especially hard for our elders, but they manage without complaining."

"So why is your group so far from the pack then?"

"That involves information I think the Alpha should give you if he wants to, no offense meant."

"None taken."