Part 55

*A.N.: Because I don't want to be a jerk and leave you hanging mid-fight, here is tomorrow's update, today: 

"No more talking. Time to die!"

The warhog charges forward.

"I refuse."

Jena dodges to a side, connecting her fist to the liver area as the warhog rushes past.

"Having several of your corpses to study seems to be an advantage as well. And here I thought Conall was crazy to cut them up just to see where everything is. The old man has method to his oddity."

The warhog drops to a knee and holds there for a moment and Jena just moves about 5 feet in front of him, reading his face. He looks up at her.

"Yeah, yeah, you didn't feel anything, I know. But your body decided to take a moment and recover, and your mind had no say in that."

"Fight me properly, bitch!"

He jumps back to his feet and once more charges forward but at Jena's attempt to side step he swings his arm connecting the hit.

Though credit to her training Jena manages to partially block it, reducing part of the force behind it.

"Damn, you hit hard! Guess I got cocky and like I said, great raw strength. I think I cracked a rib. Your recovery after that hit is just... well, it should be forbidden in a fight."

The warhog smirks at her, his ego pleased with the female's words.

"I've fought wolves before. By that hit alone you should be dead now. You have my respect."

"You've been fighting the wrong wolves. Come join us to the East, we'll be sure to give you a bloody nose."

"I'll be sure to give your post-mortem message to the master."

"You are only half right. Maybe we should continue?"

"Your move, then."

Jena steps forward lightly, throwing a direct hit towards his nose again, but the hit is slow and easily blocked.

"Ha?" The warhog's boast at easily blocking her turns to confusion as he is forced to take a few steps back from a hit to his exposed mid region, since his hand was busy blocking the obvious attack.

"You're fast. My turn."

He drops to all fours and charges forward, his speed greatly bolstered by having four legs propelling him instead of just two.

With no time to dodge, Jena relaxes her body, allowing her legs to be swept from under her easily by offering no resistance to the charge.

That would have broken my legs if I tried to resist. I really need to stop being so smug after each successful hit I land.

With her body on top of the moving warhog, she grabs at him, struggling to hang on.

Guess all-fours means no blocking for you, good!

She finds grip with her right hand and uses her left to repeatedly punch at the same spot she had earlier until a crack is heard.

She falls over and keeps tumbling away for several feet as the warhog stops abruptly and lifts himself up back to a standing position.

"Time to die, wolf," he says heading towards the body-heap that Jena has assumed as a position, though clearly unintentional.

But each step is harder, his breathing shallow and laborious and color seems to be draining from his face.

"What...

...did...

...you...

...do?" The warhog asks, wheezing between words, each breath harder to take.

He drops to his knees again, his body no longer willing to listen.

"I believe I broke some of your ribs inwardly and successfully managed to puncture your lungs. They are probably filling with blood right now hence no room for air to breathe in is left. I'd stand up to finish you off, but my feet feel like mush right now. You really do know how to sweep a lady of her feet!

Damn it, I wanted to keep him alive!

*A.N.: Vote it if you liked it! It really helps the book out!