Part 15

*A.N.: Double size for your enjoyment!

"How the hell does this thing open? I can't see any buttons or bindings."

In her human form, Sandheeya is checking over the enveloping strange blue fabric. Find a small movable metallic dingy, she tries moving it and it separates the fabric right down the middle.

"Ha! I like this. So fast to open. Oh by Calla, she is so beautiful! Look, she is looking right at me! What do I do?"

"Well don't ask me! Apparently, I don't even know where babies come from."

"Oh don't be such a whiner Bra! Sandheeya just pick her up, she doesn't look that fragile and by that smile, she isn't scared of you at all."

"Well I'm trying but she is all wrapped up in this fabric! And this one has nothing to pull on. Wait, I see a binding over here I just need to move him a bit..."

"Could you hurry up? He could be waking at any time."

"Damn it, I can't move him! He is too heavy!"

"Hold on; I'll shift and give you a hand," So Ishaian does just that.

"Why the hell is he so heavy? Did you get it?"

"Almost there, just a moment longer..., got it."

"What? What the hell are you doing? Get your hands off her!" The man yells, still groggily from sleep, trying to get his bearings.

He catches Sandheeya forearm and shoves her away completely, inertia forcing her to stumble for several feet before falling to the ground.

"Damn it, he broke my arm!"

With the bindings to the baby carrier undone, the child almost slips to the ground and the man is forced to focus on it, catching the girl and gently placing her at his feet.

"Ok, I got this,"

"Don't hurt him, Ishaian!"

"Just going to put him to sleep," he says and taking advantage of the lack of attention, he moves in and starts a choke hold on the man.

But the giant stands up to his entire height of 6 foot 7 inches and Ishaian finds himself with feet dangling in the air and furthermore, his hold doesn't seem to affect the thick neck of the man.

The giant grabs hold of his arm and forces it away from his neck with one of his hands while also using his other one to pull his entire body in view.

With a force that almost feels like it's about to break his bones, Ishaian is thrown into a nearby young tree, making him lose his bearings for a time.

In the middle of this scene, Sandheeya runs in and grabs the baby girl with her good arm, running to where Brahimir is coming from running.

"Wow, she is heavy too for her age! She must weigh like 60 pounds or something."

"Give me back my girl, you crazy bitch!" The man says and starts running after her, with a surprising speed for his size but Brahimir in his black panther form blocks his path but it only causes him a moment of hesitation before continuing his charge.

"The hell with this! I'm taking him out!"

"No, Bra, don't!"

Too late for words, Brahimir lunge, teeth aiming directly for the neck of the enraged giant of a man.

Yet somehow his path is blocked by the other's forearm so he bites down anyway trying to inflict as much damage as possible, hoping to reach bone and maybe break it.

In a surprising move, the man brings his left arm to his chest and the black panther along with it. He can feel the pain but there is no time to dwell on it – his child is in danger.

He tries to pry open the mouth of the large cat but with no success, so he uses his free hand to hit the cat in the back of the head a couple of times. When he felt the cat's bite loosen, he inserted his fingers between his forearm and its upper teeth, ignoring the fact they were cutting his flesh. Using the left arm already inside its mouth to hold it in place, he starts forcefully opening the mouth with his right hand by pulling against his jaw.

Brahimir doesn't like where this is leading to and starts using his claws to scratch at the man, but to no effect.

A loud crack and the black panther falls to the ground unconscious, its lower jaw resting in an obviously unnatural position.

The man is bloody everywhere but on the face, his clothes ruined from the panther's clawing and he looks up to Sandheeya once more.

"I'll kill you! Let her go right now, or I swear to God I will kill you right now!" But he also starts another charge while saying this, hoping the naked female holding his child will just put the baby down and run away.

"Shit. This was such a bad idea!" She mindlinks to no one in particular.

"Like I said, I got this!" Ishaian says, apparently having come to his senses.

The man feels a sting to the back of his neck, but with the pain in his arm and from the claw marks along his body, a sting is easily ignored.

Except when it's not anymore. His vision is clouding and his body doesn't seem to want to listen to him anymore.

"No... I can't... damn you!"

He falls to the ground, his right arm still outstretched towards Sandheeya.

"You didn't kill him. Tell me you didn't use the setrak darts!"

"I didn't. I used the sleeping darts."

"And he fell from a sleeping dart?"

"Actually 6 of them. After the first one didn't seem to work, I kept shooting."

"6 darts? As in twice as much as we use for a mutated hog?"

"Hey, it worked, didn't it? And I'm pretty sure he is not dead. Now what?"

"Check on Brahimir first."

"Already did. Unconscious, maybe a head injury and a broken jaw. He is definitely not chewing any food for at least a week. And your arm?"

"It can wait. Get to the camp and bring a stretcher and 6 more warriors along with the shaman to check on his wounds. But bind the man's wounds before you go. Father will definitely want to talk to him so he should be alive for that to happen."

"With what?"

"Just cut strips of his own clothes; that blue covering thing is ruined anyway."

"And the child?"

"I'll watch them both till you return."

Ishaian shifts to his cat and starts running.

Sandheeya looks at the baby girl lovingly, wondering how she can be that calm with all the commotion.

"You have no idea what just happened, do you angel?"

The one-year-old smiles widely at her, making her heart melt.

*A.N.: I was very excited to write this part, and I hope you guys liked it, so please drop me a comment and tell me what you think of the fight and Jena's potential mate!

And VOOOTE!