Part 14

Meanwhile in the Eternal Forest, a fully grown man went into shock and fainted into unconsciousness as soon as he realized he was not in the city any longer. Though in all honesty, having come into this world which is so physically different compared to his own memories probably played a role as well.

Through his dreamless sleep, he can feel his child moving and he instinctually checks to see if the baby girl is comfortable. For some reason, he just doesn't feel like waking up just yet.

A few miles away, running and jumping from tree branch to tree branch, a female black panther is on patrol with her two companions following close by.

As the wind changes, she catches the smell of a...

"Stop! Do you guys smell that?"

"No. What is it Sandheeya?"

"I... I do not know."

"An evil one perhaps then."

"No, Brahimir, I know what a mutated hog smells like, and this is not the same."

"Perhaps one of the werewolves or maybe a coyote?"

"Werewolf it is not and if it were a coyote, we wouldn't be able to smell him."

"I shall want to check for myself," Ishaian says and climbs her tree, coming to a stop beside her on a nearby branch.

"Can you two agree it's a new smell so we can go check?" Brahimir asks from the forest floor.

"I agree. The smell is strange and strong. Stronger than a werewolf's but also different. How do you wish to proceed?"

"Mask our presence and head straight for it. I'll stick to the trees and you go with Brahimir. We stop when we get near and assesses the situation."

"Understood," Ishaian replies and in a couple of jumps he is down by Brahimir's side and they all start running.

They reach the very small clearing within minutes and stop about 100 feet away from its edge while Sandheeya continues till she has direct view of...

"What on Calla?"

"What? What is it? Are you in danger?"

"No, no. It's just... I think it's a man but he is very large and very blue."

"Blue? What do you mean blue? He has blue skin? Can we approach?"

"Yes. I mean no, he is just dressed in a blue kind of coat covering most of his body and yeah you can come closer. He appears to be sleeping."

"I see what you mean. Did you notice his shoes? What is the point of so many colors really? It's like he wants to be found."

"Kill him and be done with it. Find out more from the body! It will only take one dart," Brahimir says after having changed to his human form, now pulling out his blow pipe.

"No, stop. Did you see that?"

"See what?"

"His chest. Look at his chest, it's moving."

"Yeah, so? Probably waking up. Just let me take the shot."

"No, you idiot. Listen to his breathing. He is even snoring. Yet his chest is mov... wait is that a hand?"

"I believe it is. A tiny one at that. Perhaps a child?" Ishaian adds.

"He is giving birth? Maybe it's a woman?"

"Bra, don't be an idiot. A woman doesn't have that much hair on her face and I'm pretty sure they do not give birth through their chests. That action happens a bit lower. Did your Sire miss teaching you about the cycle of life and inception?"

"More likely he is using his body heat to keep the child warm. So probably a refugee, because nobody would bring a child into a dangerous area."

"It could be a trick. We should at least bind him and take him back to the Alpha."

"Fine. Let's do that."

"You get the child then. More likely to respond to you since you are a female. You know motherly instinct and all that."

*A.N.: Vote it if you like the fact we are bringing new characters into the story :)