Part 88

~~~

"Thanks for helping me with the tent yesterday, Vi. I'm not sur..."

"It's fine, it was my task to help you. Now hurry, we have to see the battle master."

"Ok. So what can you tell me about this battle master?"

"He is... well, he is the battle master."

"Really? Did you just say that? In what way is that helpful or answering my question?"

"Guess you'll just have to see. He is one of our best fighters, though a little old, he can still go toe to toe with the Alpha in human form, but mostly because of his experience, since the Alpha is definitely stronger and faster than him. Quite evenly matched with the Gamma, and can hold his own against the Beta as well."

"You said human form."

"Yeah, well since all our strengths are amplified in our animal forms, and the ranked wolves get extra strength from the pack, ranked wolves tend to be stronger. And there is less strategy involved in fighting in animal form."

"I see."

"We're here! Hey, Mufasa! Look what I brought you! This is Al'Aeen."

"Ahaaa! The fresh meat the pack has been talking about. I heard you made quite a mess of my top students, young man! Good for you! I'll be sure to reward you for it!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean most of it, I was only trying to..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know the story. What's done is done. Now, I understand you've had some training. Well?"

"No, actually. I mean half a life ago I started a class but never moved on from the basics before I stopped and..."

"Ah, a quitter then. No worries! We can beat that out of you!"

"What?"

"There is no quitting here. You get better, or you get hurt. And then you rest, and then you train, and you get better. Or you get hurt and then..."

"Yeah, I get the point."

"Good. So since you are so large, and you obviously hurt some of the tops students, I can't have you in the teenager's group, since it would be way too dangerous for them.

Then again, with the middle tier would still pose a problem since you can't even control yourself with the strength you apparently have, so no good there either.

On the other hand, your knowledge is close to nothing, so you would only hold the advanced class back.

What ever shall I do with you?

Only good thing I can think of is that you are so empty of knowledge when it comes to fighting,"

"Thanks, I guess?"

"Don't interrupt me if I'm not addressing you, asking for an answer, please. This is your only warning.

As I was saying, at least I don't have to force you to unlearn bad habits first.

"The Advanced classes are now, the middle ones start at noon, and the teens begin in the late afternoon.

But I have to consider you as well so, what kind of schedule does he have?" He asks, turning to Vi.

"So far..." Al'Aeen starts saying, but a glare from Mufasa stops him in his tracks.

"Meiarr says the Alpha wants him useful as fast as possible."

"And that would mean for what?"

"Well, Meiarr thinks for teams, since there is no way he would be allowed to participate in pack defense. He is not pack after all."

"I see. Hmm, what to do, what to do? Oh, I KNOW!" Mufasa smiles, rubbing his hands together after a loud clap.

"So, care to let him know what you decided?"

"Oh, yeah, hee-heee! You start now, with the advanced class," he says to Al'Aeen.

"But didn't you say he doesn't really fit any of the classes?"

"Yup. That's why, considering his overdue age, and our Alpha's wishes, he will be taking all of the classes. Every day."

"Really? Wow! But you know Sunday's are free."

"No, Sunday is a day when the slow to learn trainees work extra to catch-up to their peers. Considering he is about two-thirds of his life too late to class..."

"Yikes! Sucks to be you, man! Ok, Mufasa, I leave him in your care!"

"No worries, kid! Come back with a stretcher tonight – Mufasa gives him an appraising look – and bring some friends, he looks heavy!"

*A.N. Vote it like you wrote it! And you like it a lot :P

If by any chance we get  8x ' Give next' in the comments, I'll start writing up and publish the first training lesson immediately, instead of on Wednesday.