Part 72

*A.N.: You guys managed to get 4, and although someone said "Next", instead of "Give Next", the fact she did it three times wins one point for the effort so 5 is what I count - ergo here is tomorrow's update:

Emremil smiles confidently, going for a sweeping block that should easily move the hit to the side, causing Al'Aeen to miss completely.

Except it doesn't. Deviated less than two inches, the punch hits his right side of the chest, forcing him back and spinning with it to reduce some of the force behind the hit.

Getting some of the air back in his lungs, Emremil reevaluates his opponent. For all his awkwardness the big man seems to bring a considerable amount of power behind his punch, perhaps even more so that he would expect from his large frame.

"I'm sorry, are you hurt?"

"I'll be fine. Lucky hit. Bring it."

"This is taking too long. Meiarr, hop in and help your fellow teammate," Alpha Pherick interjects.

"Sorry handsome, I'll try to avoid your face," the girl says before both she and Emremil start circling Al'Aeen from opposite sides.

The hits start pouring in, aiming for upper body weak spots and knee joints.

Turning from one to the other, Al'Aeen manages to awkwardly block some of the hits, but more than half of them go through, either because he cannot see them in time, as they come from behind or simply because of the odd angles and his total lack of experience.

Still, he only takes a knee a couple of times, while his hands - or rather hand - feels the dirt but once.

"Enough of that, animal forms now," Alpha Pherick orders and the attacks cease as both pack members move back and begin removing their clothes.

A large, shaggy brown wolf takes Emremil's place, while a grayscale, slightly smaller wolf replaces Meiarr. They both take their previous places around Al'Aeen but do not move in to attack.

"What are you waiting for boy? This is no time to take a break!"

"I'm sorry, I..." Al'Aeen hesitates, still catching back up with his breath on the lack of oxygen his body has just used defending against the onslaught of hits.

"Just move in on him, he won't feel this confident after a few bites, so force him to shift. But give him a moment when he actually decides to do it," the Alpha adds taking a seat.

"That's rather fair of you, Pherick. You've become quite a softie!"

"Umani, stop annoying me, this is merely a test. I don't want the kid dead you know, since I'm stuck with him anyway while you're both here."

Really unsure of how to handle a snapping maw full of teeth, Al'Aeen decides to keep both wolves in his peripheral view, looking at neither one directly, his fisted hands close to his stomach, his posture slightly hunched.

Taking this as a sign of either surrender or simply being distracted and having received no command to stand down, Emremil decides to go for an arm bite, using a running jump as the fastest way to get his teeth on the target.

With the motion caught by the corner of his right eye, Al'Aeen swings his left arm outwards aiming his fisted backhand at the incoming wolf head, hitting it squarely in the temple. A crack is heard moments before the shaggy brown wolf is sent flying away, landing in a heap a few feet away, where he lays still.

"That... was unexpected. Lucky shot maybe?" The Alpha eyes Umani, wondering if the old coyote is perhaps playing him for a fool.

A sharp pain in his left leg reminds Al'Aeen there is still one more foe to deal with. A foe with extremely sharp teeth.

But Meiarr moves away quickly, dodging Al'Aeen's fist while leaving him with a swift bite tattoo on his forearm, not too deep but clearly enough to draw blood.

"Mother fcuker! This doesn't feel just like a test anymore! Are you trying to kill me?"

"Stop fooling around and shift, youngster! This is an evaluation and I'd suggest you take it seriously. SHIFT!" The Alpha commands.

*A.N.: Another update is posted so resetting the count back to 0, if you reach 7 "Give Next" comments you will see Friday's update right after.