Part 90

The Master takes a bite out of his ear, enjoying the feel of blood on his tongue, and the memories it brings forth, but spits out the ear piece, and looks up at his Raised, as if to ask him about the other case.

"This warhog used to lead a group of 29, including him. That and 2 other groups, totaling 89 of our warhogs went into the EternalForest, in search of his black guardians. Considering we've been able to eliminate entire packs with fewer than 30 warhogs before, we considered it overkill but proceeded to do it anyway, wishing for an increased chance at success.

However, according to him, instead of the black guardians, there were only wolves in the forest, lead by a female wolf – and apparently, these wolves, which were less than 15, were the only ones this warhog ever saw."

The master bites at the hand of the warhog being spoken about, his blood sharing the story of his memories. Once done, he shifts back to his human form.

"Apparently, neither of them is lying. Which is annoying, as I was really hoping to kill them both and deny them entry into the Promised Land."

The guilty clench their jaws at the frightening possibility.

"For you team leader, go and share with the head warrior everything you know, you are also stripped of your rank, and will have to go through basic training again. Be grateful I'm leaving you with the chance to redeem yourself. I find the unusual large beast of no importance but great interest. Capture it alive. There are experiments I need to do. Or perhaps it could be converted to our cause, and assuming it really is a conscious beast, maybe even a were, I might just have myself a worthy Second, for once.

And you, failed Raised leader of not even 30, you were defeated by mere wolves. A princess wolf she may have been, but just a she-wolf nonetheless. She even beat you one on one while in her human form, riding you like you were some kind of beast of burden. Pathetic! Tva rakta mama zakti!"

The warhog starts convulsing violently and suddenly drops dead, with no apparent wound, other than the bloody hand from earlier.

"This female Alpha proves to be an annoying thorn in my side, even out here in the West. Signis!"

"Yes, Master!" The man pops out of nowhere.

"Do you know where she is now?"

"My scouts indicate she is on her way back to the East."

"Leaving already, Alpha Jena? Hmm? Tell me, Signis, have your so called black guardians ever left the EternalForest?"

"No, Master."

"Have you ever seen them personally?"

"No."

"Are you sure they even exist?"

"Yes, Master. My sources are reliable."

"Yet I find you unreliable when I need you. The dead warhog never saw any of them, they never go out, and you haven't personally seen them. They may as well not exist. Raised, prepare the army, I am sending some of it East, so I will remove this thorn from my side and anyone else you meet along the way."

"Yes, Master! I feel honored for the opportunity this gives me? How many warhogs will I be allowed to use?"

"About 1000 should be enough."

"But Master, that's like..."

"Are you trying to think, Raised? Do you think your army would be too large for you to handle?"

"No, Master."

"Good. Don't think, do. Like I said, eliminate anyone you find along the way since I'm feeling rather irritated by the East right now. I would have given them a couple of more years of peace, but it appears they need to be taken care of sooner. If by any chance you find packs that immediately surrender, let them live but take some members of their Alpha's families as hostages, for insurance."

*A.N.: 

Considering that a Personal Guard like Alastair can handle one warhog but barely so,

while Jena, up till now, has only managed to successfully fight against 2 warhogs simultaneously,

and, if you remember regular warriors, the ones using pure water, can handle one warhog for every 3 wolves, 

while cats would fair even worse,

Alpha Sorin of Southern Star is also relying on contaminated water wolves, which are considerably weaker than pure water wolves,

a question arises:

Will the East be ready to handle that amount of warhogs?   

Remember to vote!