Part 83

*A.N.: Has been EDITED so jump to the third '##$$##' you can find to read part 83.

The poll is over, and I am conflicted as the general idea seems to be 'move along but also develop the character' and I will do my best do to both. 

I have to say all your thoughts and ideas have been a great help in deciding how to proceed. Part 83 and 84 are connected and I'm uploading both of them at 5 minutes interval. Hopefully. I'll be able to write 85 today as well, because I said 3 this week, as usual

Below at the proper mark, you will find the update for Wednesday.

Second ##$$## - Kept for posterity - move down for the story.

*A.N.: Let me start with:

I'm sorry, there is not update today and please help me!

Because I'm stuck in a dilemma,

For which I'm making a poll - kind of,

Since there is no option to make a poll on wattpad or I haven't found it.

The situation:

We all know Jena is a badass.

We all know she needs a badass mate.

And we all know Al'Aeen is not a badass, but a clumsy, overly-large man with incredible luck(I would have said bad luck but since he is still alive... oh well).

On that front, he could use more training. And more actual combat experience - the kind where he wants to do something and isn't just driven by instinct.

This: {

But I'm having difficulties starting a training subplot and probably one or two combat subplots with the warhogs before he is ready to meet up with Jena. All these preparations would be focused on him and his interaction with the Shifting Sands Pack - Emremil, Meiarr, etc.

It literally feels like I'm dragging my feet and it has become hard to sit down and start writing the next part.

} is option A - more preparations (Amp)

And this: {

The thing I am considering is moving to the next part of the main plot, which happens in the East, where Jena is and Al'Aeen is about to come.

This would mean doing a fast forward on the timeline, and bringing Al'Aeen there, already prepared to meet with her and help. 

He would then occasionally remember or tell stories about his training time with Shifting Sands.

} is option B - to the East (BttE).

So guys and girls please leave a comment with either "Amp"  or "BttE" and help me decide our next steps for this book I hope you guys are really enjoying.

The deadline for counting the votes in the comments is 30 hours from this post. It's now 6 A.M. in Seattle, so tomorrow at 12:01 I'll have a clear idea on how to proceed.

P.S.: You will have 3 updates this week, even if I have to post them all at once on Friday, don't worry.

P.P.S.: If you want to bring arguments or opinions beyond just Amp or BttE, I would be VERY HAPPY to read and consider them.

Third ##$$##

2 people absentmindedly walk through the Shifting Sands camp, neither of them minding their surroundings. As their paths intersect, they bump into each other, but while the difference in mass is considerable, the large man realizes what is happening and tries to prevent the girl from falling, consequently loosing his own balance.

The challenge is now for him to prevent a crushing injury on her part, managing to guide the awkward entanglement with him on his back against the hard, rocky ground and her on top, firmly held at arm's length with his hands.

"Oi, sorry about that. Are you hurt?"

"Hiiiiiiii! I'm Viiiiii!"

"What the hell, kid!? Stop yelling!"

"I'm not a kid! I'm 16! And I've already been to combat training so I could totally kick your ass!"

"Try saying that when you are standing on your own two feet. Get off me!"

She scrambles to get up and puts a couple of feet between them.

"It's not like I asked for you to run me over!"

"Right, mhm. Aren't you a little short for 16?"

"Hey! I'll have you know I am medium sized and well proportioned for my height!"

"Proportions are irrelevant for kids."

"I told you I'm not a kid! I'm a young woman on an important mission!"

"Right, so since you don't seem to be hurt, leave me be, and go do your chores or whatever it is you kids do here."

"I hate you! Go die! You big oaf! Aaaarrrrgh! IDIOT!" She yells and stomps away.

"You kiss your mom with that mouth? Sheesh, kids these days!" He yells after her.

15 minutes later, Meiarr comes towards him, dragging along a bashful looking Vi, with a firm hand around the shoulder.

"Meiarr, I'm so sorry about what happened, I kind of lost control and..."

"I understand it was your first shift?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't excuse..."

"Actually it does. I just wish there was another occasion for you to hold me that tight. I won't even mind a little choking, as long as you leave me aware so I can enjoy it, heeeh? – she says with a wink, tilting her head to one side – And anyway, all I got was some bruising, which was gone within the day. Emre and Ron on the other hand..."

"Are they ok?" He asks, ignoring the unsubtle sexual jabs.

"Yes, but considering how guilty you feel, maybe you should go check on them and apologize or whatever."

"Yeah... I will. Thanks."

"Don't tell me this is..." the girl partially hiding behind Meiarr says.

"Al'Aeen, this is Vi. Vi, Al'Aeen."

"We've met," the man says with annoyance clothing his words like an evil aura.

"...the one I have to... no way! NO FREAKING WAY! He is an idiot!"

"So, my dear Vi, do you mean to say you are going to refuse the first assignment you got from your new team leader?"

"No, Meiarr, I'm sorry, I'll make this work somehow. But... can you just do something about him, at least?"

"You two realize I'm right here and I can hear you, right?" Al'Aeen says.

"Al'Aeen – this is your guide."

"No."

"Well if he doesn't want to I guess I can just..."

"Vi! Shush!"

"Yes, ma'am."

"A simple yes will do, I'm definitely not old enough to be called a ma'am, got it?"

"Yes."

"And you, mister big man. Alpha put me in charge of handling you, which is assigning you a guide and what not, but let me quote since I was there."

*A.N.: You must be sick of Author's Notes but: VOTE! Pretty please!