Part 63

"Emremil, Alpha Pherick wants to see you!"

"Why?"

"Like hell I'm going to ask why he wants something done. Feel free to do it yourself, though."

"Seisyll, don't tell me you are afraid of your own father?"

"Ha, ha! Aren't you tired of that line yet? You know I'm just the sixth of his seed and my mother is not his mate. In other words, he is not my father, only my sire. And our Alpha. So fear goes without saying."

"Well, I'm not in any way related to him, he is my Alpha and yet I'm not afraid of him."

"That is because you are half insane."

"What's the other half, pray tell?"

"Are you fishing for compliments, Emremil?"

"I'll go see the Alpha if you tell me something nice about me. How is that for bait?"

"Only because I don't want to see you in trouble with the Alpha. Again."

"Yes, yes?"

"Cause you are the best damn male warrior we have."

"Aaand?"

"And in the top three runners."

"Aaand?"

"And the Alpha knows and puts some value in that."

"Aaand?"

"And shut the fcuk up with your 'ands' and go already!"

"Ok, fine," Emremil says with a pout.

"Sheesh, sometimes you act like you're twelve!"

"Wait, why did you say male warrior?"

"Because Meiarr kicked your ass at the last games."

"You know I let her win that one."

"Yeah, right."

"Common man, I couldn't let her lose face in front of her old man."

"What you mean to say is you were sucking up both to her and the Alpha at the same time."

"Wait, it was that obvious?"

"Looked like it, until she realized you were taking it easy on her and she trampled your ass all over the ring."

"You can't be serious. You know I let her win!"

"Nope."

"I DID!"

"You tried. She noticed. You failed. She started playing with you to humiliate you in return. You got annoyed. Then pissed. Then angry. You went at her full power. She then knocked you on your ass."

"I was already tired and had sustained multiple hits from letting her win!"

"Twice."

"Huh?"

"She knocked you on your ass twice. The second time was to prove a point, I think."

"No, I let her win."

"You are delusional!"

"One word: twice!"

"I'm ending this conversation."

"First smart thing you said today I think. Be a nice male warrior and run along now!"

"Why you little..." Emremil starts running after his friend who despite being taken by surprise, still manages to keep out of reach.

"Hey Emre?"

"I'll get you, you little shit!"

"Alpha's tent is the other way, you know? And top three means you ain't ever catching me."

"Just wait till we get in the next duel! Going to make you eat your words, buddy!"

"Promises, promises."

But Emremil slows down all the same and turns around, heading for the Alpha's tent.

~~~

"Shouldn't we have arrived by now? It's been like 3 hours and a half. You said 2."

"What can I do? You are a slow runner, Al'Aeen."

"And the distance doubled?"

"I was actually hoping to get them in their last location, but they must have moved again."

"Huh?"

"The wolf pack we are visiting... they're different."

"Different how?"

"They are nomads. Meaning, unlike most packs they don't have a fixed territory. They move around a lot."

"How does that work? Don't they trespass all the time on other packs' territory or is there like a free neutral zone they roam in?"

"Both."

"Doesn't that mean they clash with the actual packs that own those territories?"

"Not really. They are very good at fighting and running."

"Huh? Do they run or do they fight?"

"They fight when they can win picking their fights carefully, hitting the weakest spot. When they are faced with a superior foe they run. Sometimes they can change their location every night if needed."

"Sounds like guerrilla fighters to me."

"What's guerrilla?"

"Never mind. Are we there yet?"

"Stop right there!" A voice booms from the right.

"Oh goodie! Looks like we found them."

*A.N.: About time we got some new characters in, right? Where do you guys think this is going?"