Part 75

"What in the Master's name is that thing?" One of the warhogs asks no one in particular.

"Maybe he is one of the Master's experiments?" Another answers.

"GIVE ME BACK MY DAUGHTER!" Al'Aeen yells at them but all the warhogs can hear is a year splitting roar from the unknown four-legged thing in front of them.

"Leader? Excuse me, but that didn't sound friendly; what should we do?"

"You go ahead and give him the Master's salute."

"Whaaat? Why me?"

"Because I appreciate your initiative of asking what to do, and I gave you an order."

"Yes, leader," the warhog answers with a defeated tone.

He goes forward and stops about 9 feet away.

"Closer please, he won't bite. Probably."

The other 3 warhogs snicker, blessing their luck for having been smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

Taking a few more steps and stopping only 3 feet away this time, the warhog raises his arm forward, stopping at shoulder level, palm outstretched with all fingers aiming at the sky, chin held high and a solemn look on his face, grunting the words of salute:

"Glory to the Master!"

Taking a moment to study the odd creature in front of him up close, Al'Aeen comes to a conclusion:

So a WoW Quilboar and a Pig Cop from Duke Nukem get drunk one night and have a baby. Then the offspring mates his own sister and an entire race is born for this world to have a common enemy. This thing is probably uglier than his parents combined. Someone should definitely call these something like warhogs.

Focusing on the warhogs outstretched arm and the strange morph between trotters and a humanoid palm it has for a hand, the gesture is clear to him and he can only interpret the grunts to mean something like 'Stop. You go no further!' because what else could he say with such an obvious 'stop where you are' gesture?

"The heck I'll stop! My daughter, NOW!" He demands again.

While not as loud as before, the roar has the warhog question his own sanity at being so close to the monster in front of him.

"Leader?"

"Do it again, maybe he didn't understand," the Leader says, trying to sound confident.

And so the lower warhog does as ordered.

Unfortunately for him, Al'Aeen is out of patience, considering these things have his daughter and the innocent woman that was tending to her.

"OUT...

OF...

MY...

WAY!"

As they hear his roar, once more as loud as the first time, the warhogs witness their mate being swatted to the side, flying low for about 12 feet like he was a small, malnourished child, his face bleeding and his body laying limp when it finally stops.

The big, furry monster starts advancing and it is obvious now for the warhogs that they are not dealing with a friendly element of the Master.

"Maybe this is a test?" One of them says.

"This is just a dumb, mutated wild beast, just larger than most. Ok, a lot larger. Surround it and we can attack it from more than one side and take it down!"

The Leader's command is obeyed and they go to surround the beast with one of them at the front wailing his arms like there is no tomorrow.

Is he dancing? No, he is... Seriously? These warhogs think I'm an animal they can just distract? Why would they... oh, yeah, the fur. And the claws," he thinks as he looks at his bloody front paw.

Shit, I can't see them all at once. But maybe if I focus on two of them.

Though watching the warhog in front of him, he is actually paying attention to the other one he can see to his right.

Unfortunately, he gets hit from the left in his hunch, hard, making him lose his footing on the left hind leg, pain surging up it - not enough to make him think of a broken bone but definitely leaving a throbbing sensation and a long term bruise.

*A.N.: Remember to vote! Tap the star! Tap the star! Tap the star!(the crowd of writers and authors cheer for you!)

And considering last week's success and the fact the second half of the fight is written, 7 comments with "Give next!" for an immediate publish or you can read it tomorrow at the normal update time.