Part 27

*A.N.: Happy holidays everyone! Christmas is such a busy time for everyone, especially me. That being said, can you pretend you are reading this update last Friday? That way I'm not late posting it. Thanks, you are awesome! Oh, and enjoy:

"I can feel you wanting to say something, Eya."

"How the hell can you know that?"

"Am I wrong?"

"Fine! You are right. Again!"

"Again?"

"Yeah. I'm bored."

"Oh, that. Why?"

"Cause he just sits there now, like the world has ended."

"It kind of did for him. At least the way he knew it. Tell me everything."

"Well, Ishaian got the baby food and the diaper change in the clearing, then disappeared. Al'Aeen got there eventually and was very excited at first, kept looking around and there were a couple of water puddles he kept playing with. He changed and fed the baby after about 2 hours when she started crying, then she went to sleep and he actually stood there still holding her,' till he also fell asleep. I had to watch them do that for three hours! Now the kid is awake again, playing with some dirt and leaves while he is pacing like a madman. He punched a tree earlier, split it in half! Granted it wasn't that thick and I think he also hurt his hand."

"Ok, I'm on my way. Just had to finish a fight someone started."

"Fight? What fight? Is anyone hurt? And how long 'till you get here?"

"About 20 minutes away now, just got back to the forest floor camp. And I'll tell you about the fight later. Maybe."

"Whatever! Just hurry up!"

"Be there soon."

~~~

Back at the forest floor camp, just beneath the panther tree village, 13 wolves along with the body of their 14th comrade are resting, after the run the Black Coyote put them through and while no wolf is complaining, only Jena with her special training can say she is not tired from the run. The fights however compensated for the run and she looks just slightly less beat up compared to the others.

A large black panther drops seemingly from nowhere and shifts into a very dark skinned man, with tattoos on his face.

"Greetings! I'm Alpha Abbigor, of the Black Panther Pride. Welcome to my forest!"

"An honor to be here! I am Alpha Jena of the Multi-Unity Pack. I've heard it's really hard to meet you, not to mention get to see your home," Jena says pointing to the few dark clay buildings around them.

"Ha-ha, no, these are for our guests. We panthers live in the trees. Never heard of your pack. Let's enter my office here on the right, for a more private conversation. Take a seat, please. Good! Now, why are you here?"

"You are quite direct."

"The Black Coyote said I should hear you, so I'm listening."

"We journeyed from the East to assess the situation here. The East is preparing for war, and needs to know what to expect."

"I see. I know of many packs in the East, yet, like I said, I haven't heard of yours. Where exactly are you from?"

"We claim the lands of the Oasis Pack."

"Conquest? Impossible! Only MountainRiver and Southern Star have the power to challenge the Oasis Pack and even then they would pretty much have to ally themselves against the Oasis Pack."

"Conquest by duel. The Alpha died, and I was one of the challengers for the title."

"No heirs?"

"One. But she is female."

"So?"

*A.N.: Vote it if you liked it! I'm already writing today's part, so come back later and check again, it could be uploaded already.