Part 23

*A.N. (crawls from under the rock) And here is today's update. We're good right?

"No way!"

"Those two words are really becoming annoying, Al'Aeen."

"So I actually broke someone's jaw? I could have killed him!"

"Except you didn't. Not to mention it really sounded like self-defense."

"Yeah. He was going for the neck. Not sure how I survived that, I'm not much of a fighter."

"That is a clear understatement. Adrenaline and you were in the 'protect the cub/pup mode'. Your body and inner-self knew what to do without you giving the commands."

"That's a thing here?"

"Here?"

"On Calla."

"With any were in general. It's why even experienced warriors are cautious of a were defending its young, even if it's a mom that has never trained for combat in her entire life. Kind of like you, but without all the extra strength. Brahimir is actually a very skilled fighter and any of the three that found you should have been able to contain you if you either were of normal strength or not defending your baby."

"You mean they could easily defeat me if I wasn't fighting for E's life?"

"Exactly."

"I'd say I'd like to see that, but I actually don't. Are you decent yet?"

"Decent?" Sandheeya asks.

"As in dressed?"

"Yes. Why would being naked be indecent? It's how we shift."

"Well because... actually that is what I was taught in my culture, but obviously, things are different here. So... to be honest, my education is making me feel uncomfortable."

"Funny Al'Aeen. You are going to have to adapt to how we do things here on Calla because you are about to see a lot of naked people shifting."

"What if I don't want to? I want... no, I need to get back home, in my world, on my planet, my Earth, where my wife is, where my child has her mother!"

"Wife?"

"My partner, the mother of my child, the woman I love and live with."

"I see. So she is your soulmate?"

"Soulmate? Well, no, I don't think she is, but she is my wife."

"So a bond partner that is not your soulmate. It's ok then."

"What the fcuk is that supposed to mean? What do you mean it's ok? It's not ok for me and it's not ok for my child to live without a mother."

"It's ok because she is not your soulmate. Because if she were and you weren't able to get back to her you'd probably die or go insane."

"Yeah? Well, screw you old man! Who are you to decide what is ok and what's not?"

"Just stating facts, Al'Aeen. Nothing more. You have your child to provide for and be motivated to keep going forward if you need any kind of motivation, and she has you and everyone else here to care for her."

"SHE NEEDS HER MOTHER! Not some strangers she just met, whom by the way just tried to kidnap her!"

"I said I was sorry," Sandheeya tries to say.

"You shut up! It's your fault I'm here and it's your fault I almost killed a cat! Man! Man-cat."

"Is it, Al'Aeen? Or are you just lashing out at Eya because you are actually blaming yourself for your curiosity of following a woman you found interesting, while you probably had your non-soulmate bond partner waiting for you at home?"

Because subconsciously Al'Aeen knows the Black Coyote is right, but can't consciously admit it, all his rage is focused on the man instead. His right hand is busy holding E, so he backhands Umani with his left, throwing him across the training yard.

Sandheeya moves to stop him from leaving.

"Don't! Don't move and don't come any closer! Remember what I did to you last time and I didn't even mean it. Better go check on the old man, he might be hurt," Al'Aeen says, remorse clouding his features for a few moments. "Just leave me and mine alone!" He says, storming off into the forest.

As Sandheeya reaches Umani, desperately worried about her 'uncle' she turns him over while he enquires:

"Is he gone?"

"Yes, he went into the forest. Wait, you aren't hurt? With his strength, that hit could have killed you!"

"Only if he actually hit me."

"Huh?"

"I anticipated his move and started moving in the direction of the swing a moment before he actually hit. I then used his own force to push myself away, only trouble was falling in a way that both looked credible and prevented any serious harm to my majestic person," Umani finishes with a grin.

"Sneaky old man!"

"What is it with you youngsters calling me old? Go follow him and take Ishaian with you. Report back to me when you get bored."

"When I get bored?"

"You'll see what I mean."

*A.N.: Please vote and show me you forgive me for not updating yesterday! Cause I did update twice, you know? Huge effort - wink, wink!