Part 48 - A Celestial Chat

*A.N.:  Wednesday Update Early. Next one on Thursday.

Before you go nuts and pick up your forks to run after me, this is not actually part of the action of the book, it's a bonus update and it's related, but not necessary to the things going on. I wonder if you guys will be able to catch all the references. I definitely dropped enough hints for you to be able to. If anyone gets all of them and writes a comment mentioning each, I'll dedicate the next part to you and you get to name 2 future characters.

If you don't get it, it's Ok, like I said, it does not impact the story, but could clarify some ideas.

In a metaphysical garden, where time and space are irrelevant:

Balance: "Have you seen what your Little Sister-Self has done this time???"

Change: "You know I do not control her actions."

Balance: "But you should be able to at least control her. Use a shorter leash on her!"

Change: "The whole point of her Being, is for me to learn and experience things through her that would be otherwise impossible for me. For that, she needs her free will!"

Balance: "More chaos is the last thing Aunt C. needs right now. You know how sick she is!"

Change: "And you know as well as I do, that she was aware of what her beloved children were doing, and what it would lead to. AND SHE STILL LET THAT HAPPEN!"

Balance: "You know how she values free will. You should learn from it. And control yourself or you're going to start a tidal wave again!"

Change: "Arghhh! I hate it when we are both right!"

Balance: "I'm always right."

Change: "Exactly. And when I get one right, I can't even enjoy it properly!"

Balance: "You are diverting the discussion. This is about your Avatar."

Change: "Not like you do not have your agents there."

Balance: "They are not Avatars. I merely thought..."

Change: "Oh, I know exactly what you were thinking!"

Balance: "Mind reading is not only forbidden, but also rude."

Change: "Oh P-leeas! You were broadcasting so loud, I think everyone in the Galaxy heard it! Little Miss I'm Not Making Avatars Cause I'm Better Than That, when you yourself focus that intently on ideas like 'They need to train' and 'They need to learn' that your thoughts find roots in some of Auntie's children..."

Balance: "I DID NOT MEAN FOR THAT TO HAPPEN! And they are not Avatars!"

Change: "Calm down, dear sister! You don't want to start a tsunami now, do you? They may not be Avatars, but by definition, Auntie's children have the capacity to evolve. And you, albeit unintentionally, made those two Highly Self-Aware. You know how much more dangerous that is? They have the potential to become so much more powerful than my Sister-Self."

C.: "But we will not."

U.: "Nor do we wish to."

C.: "It's not our purpose."

U.: "Or our intent."

C.: "I wish to guide and train."

U.: "I wish to teach and learn."

C.: "So balance can be restored,"

U.: "And maintained."

Change: "See, dear sister? They dare have the insolence of interrupting us!"

Balance: "I just thought you weren't one to gossip, so why not pull them from their meditations so they can answer your allegations."

Change: "The fact remains, they are her children. Made from her essence, so they are flawed with wants, needs, and desires. Easily distractable. Look at what happened that got Auntie sick in the first place, and then she, in her sickly state, made it possible for that Monster of a man to exist. You know how it started right? She was thinking 'They are not prepared' because she was worried about the things to come, and it made it possible for that Thing to also become aware, in a bad, bad way. The funny thing is, that Monster actually thinks he is helping everyone by what he is doing."

Balance: "That Self-Awareness you so hastily blamed is exactly what keeps them in check and if Auntie wasn't sick, the Monster would just be a Man to lead and unite her children. For mine, when their purpose is no longer in tune with their priorities, they are free to return to their regular lives with my thanks."

C.: "For that we are grateful."

U.: "Indeed we are."

Change: "You just have an answer for everything, don't you? So pray tell, then, why are you really so upset?"

Balance: "Because she pulled that girl's essence from Akasha's Well of Souls, before Auntie was ready for her. You know she almost didn't have her wolf half!"

Change: "Well, you're the one in charge of the were aspect, and you solved that problem so I really don't see the issue."

Balance: "But I shouldn't have been forced to. And her mate? What about her mate? Auntie wasn't ready for her, so she has no mate. You realize what that means for a were?"

Change: "I... I'm sorry, I..."

Balance: "Thought better about it, and decided to reintegrate your troublemaker Avatar before she causes more damage?"

Change: "Stop trying to make me kill off my Sister-self! She is an agent of change, and maybe change is what Auntie needs."

Balance: "And all those deals and promises she forces Auntie's children make? How is that helping?"

Change: "You know as well as I do energy must flow. And she isn't forcing them, she just gives them the options, it's their choice."

Balance: "She isn't giving them the proper information to make those decisions!"

Change: "Guess they should ask the proper questions then. And I found a solution for your girl, cause you said she had no mate. Well, I got her a mate. Guess you'd better start working on giving him a were."

Balance: "You are insane! How am I going to work with that?"

Change: "Like you always do. He is unbalanced. Help him. I made sure you had the pieces. Not sure how to put them together, though. But I'm sure you will think of something."

Balance: "His soul doesn't let me! Because it's not how things work, it's not how things are done."

Change: "Don't care. Not my problem anymore. I've got things to do. Adieu!"

Balance: "Wait... Oh, you little insolent... It seems I have a new task for you."

U.: "I will do it."

C.: "And I will help as well if you need me."

U.: "You may need to prepare her before anything else happens."

C.: "Understood. I was already on it, but I will add this to the task."

Balance: "I thank you both. Do this right, and things may yet be restored to balance. You may be on your way."

*A.N.: So who are the 4 characters/entities talking, and the 4 being talked about?