Chapter 1

Tobin's Pov.

I woke up early in the morning, and put on some running clothes. I walked out of my apartment, and put in my earbuds. I went on a morning run. After, I took a shower and put on black pants and a t-shirt with a snapback on top.

I drove to my school I walked in, and was greeted by my two best friends, Lauren and Amy. They flew their bodies on me, making me stumble back.

"Could you guys give me one morning where you don't tackle me," I groaned.

"We just can't stand to be without you," squealed Amy.

"Alright, but let go of me."

They did, and we walked towards the soccer team. When my eyes made contact with Christen, I immediately looked down.

"Hey guys," I said, trying to hide my blush.

"Hey Tobin, liked Lauren and Amy's greeting?" smirked Kelley.

I glared at them, "Yeah sure."

"Hey Tobin," said Christen.

"Hey Chris,"  I said, keeping my head down.

There was an awkward silence, until the bell saved me. I waved goodbye to Lauren and Amy, and walked into my first class. I had my first class with Alex, Kelley, and Morgan. I sat down at the back, and pulled out my materials.

Usually the others would sit more in the front, but today Alex sat next to me.

"Hey strangers," I said. "What are you doing here?"

"Just thought that I would experiment a new place."

During class, I kept on seeing Alex staring at me. Not in a creepy way, but in unusual way. I ignored it, and kept my attention to the teacher. When the bell rung, I stuffed my things in my backpack and walked out, only to run into a jock.

"Watch it Heath," he scoffed.

"Sorry but not sorry," I retorted back.

"You take that back!" He lunged at me, but I dodged his attack.

I was not looking to get into trouble, so I sprinted out of there. I easily out ran him and saw I yet again ran into someone else.

"Sorry," I gasped.

"Whoa, you okay there Tobin?" It was Christen.

I stopped, "Oh yeah, just running ya know?"

"Did you get in a fight?" she asked worriedly.

"No, just getting out of one."

She shook her head. I looked back to see that the jock was not following me anymore. I relaxed, and walked with Christen to the next class, which was Chemistry. Turned out the teacher made Christen and me lab partners for a project.

I enjoyed it actually. We kept on laughing and time flew by because next thing happened the bell rung. We walked out to the cafeteria, and met with the other soccer people. We all grabbed something, and sat down at a table.

I sat down, and immediately Alex came and sat down next to me.

"Hey baby horse, how ya doing?" I asked, taking a bite from my apple.

"Not bad, you?"

"Fine, just fine," as I watched Christen sitting down on the other side of the table, but not directly in front of me.

After school

I walked down to the field in my soccer clothes, and started to put on my cleats. I had my headphones on, just getting into the zone. I was one of the first people there, and when I saw the others going down, I immediately saw Christen.

I finished putting on my shoes, and grabbed a ball and started to juggle. Jill wasn't down yet, so I had some time. I then felt a tap on my shoulder.

I dropped the ball, and saw Christen. My stomach did a flip.

"Your juggling is very impressive," she smiled.

"Wasn't trying to impress anyone."

"But you did," she smirked.

My cheeks heated. I knew that she was flirting with me. I wasn't an oblivious person.

I did some more juggling until our captains, Carli and Becky told us to start our warm-ups. We did our lap around the field, and then some stretching. The coach got down, apologizing for being late. We started to do our practice, defenders did some one-on-one stuff, while mids and forwards did some shooting.

We then set up for a scrimmage. Alex, Ali, Lauren, Ashlyn, Lindsey, Julie, Whitney, and I were on one team and the rest were on the other. Alex started. She passed it back to Julie, who passed it to my side, but to Whitney. Whitney carried the ball down the line, until she had to pass it. She passed it to me, and from the corner of my eye I saw Becky coming, so when the ball came to me, I flicked it up using my foot, and over Becky's head.

I carried the ball and saw Alex coming in. I gave a cross, and she headed it, but was knocked away by Hope's amazing save. She came over and gave a a high-five to me.

I then gave the corner, and made contact with Lindsey's foot. It went in, and we celebrated. We then started again. Carli had the ball. She immediate attacked, then passed it to Christen's feet. She passed Alex, and was going to Julie. I started to run back, just in case Julie was unsuccessful. She was, and I sprinted back. Ashlyn moved up, but was passed by Christen.

Christen tapped it in, but I was already there. The ball slowly moved towards the net, and I slid in front of it from preventing from it to pass the line.

I then scrambled up, and saw everyone on my team cheering. I felt a spark of triumph. I dribbled the ball, and passed it, until Christen slide tackled me.

"You okay?" she said, giving me a hand.

"I'm fine thanks," I said, gladly taking her hand.

"Nice save, very impressive," she winked.

I blushed. We played for 30 more minutes, until Jill told us we could b done. We picked things up, and headed to the locker room. I talked with Christen, laughing. I turned my head, and saw Alex lonely walked by herself.

"Hey I'm gonna check on her," I said pointed to Christen.

"Oh yeah sure," she said, not even glancing at Alex.

I slowed my pace, and met with Alex, "You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just tired," she said, but felt like she was hiding something else.

I decided to play with it, "I get you. Nice play back there."

"Thanks, but I think you deserve most of the credit. You saved that goal and did some cool moves."

I blushed. I was trying to make Alex feel better, not having Alex make me feel better. We walked in silence, until we got to the locker room.

As I was putting on my snapback, I saw Alex giving me a smirk. I blushed. I turned around to grab my bag, and ran into someone. It was Christen.

It looked like she was about to fall so I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist to catch her.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks," she said.

She got up, and I let her go. I could hear Alex give a huff, and walked right out. I could feel like Alex didn't like Christen, but why? I said goodbye, and walked out, to see if I could find Alex before she left.