Chapter 25

Alex's Pov. 

When the doctor came back with news about Tobin, it was really good. She made a good recovery, and was ready to see us, except first off only Christen first. She walked away, following the doc. When the doctor came back after 20 minutes, she said Tobin was ready to see more of us. I was one of the first to say I wanted to visit her. When we reached her room, which wasn't that far, I walked in, and saw Tobin. She wasn't as bad as  I imagined, but she did look like she would need more time than Hope. 

Christen was there sitting just like what Kelley did with Hope. I stood there awkwardly for a second, when Christen lifted up her head, and saw me. She gave a faint smile. I walked over to the opposite side of the bed. 

"Hey Lex, how are you?" 

"I should be asking you that." 

"Naw, all this is nothing. Got into much worse before." she said casually. 

"You shouldn't be in this kind of trouble at all." I scolded. 

"Alright mother," she said, but slurred it. I gave a confused look over to Christen. 

"She's still on the medications, and it makes her look like she's drunk. It's wearing out, but she's tired." I nodded my head. 

"I'll give you guys space," I said. I slowly walked out, closing the door. When I turned around, Ashlyn walked up to me. 

"Is she awake?" 

"Yeah, but she's still tired. Give her time." 

She huffed, "Fine, but we need to ask her questions." 

"You already did with Hope. You got the information you need." 

"I need more. I can't have just Hope. I need more evidence. I want to put Seth down, and if that means putting him in jail fine." 

"Ashlyn, listen to yourself. You are risking yourself. Hope said that they handle people with guns. What would Ali say?" 

"Seth is a bully Alex, I know you used to date him, but he gets girls drunk and hooks up with the and gets away with it. I can't have a guy running his dick everywhere!" 

"Shhh, we are in a hospital," I reminded her. 

I can't believe that..." she stopped dead, and looked behind me. I turned around slowly and saw no other than Seth and his group. 

Seeing Seth wanted me to run up and punch him. We were in a hospital, if I did anything serious, he would get help right away. But I knew I couldn't do that. I could get into serious trouble. A strong hand grabbed my shoulder, and spun us around. We walked behind a stack of dirty trays of food that patients eat. Man the smell was awful. 

"Don't let them know you saw them," hissed Ashlyn. I only nodded. 

My back was still turned away form them, so I was blind. I then saw them walk past us, and didn't see us luckily. When they were gone, we ran to Tobin's room. We saw Christen and Tobin, just talking. 

"What is it?" asked Christen.

"That asswipe is here, in the hallway," I said. 

"Who?" 

"Seth." gritted Ashlyn through her teeth.

"That bastard has some nerve to be here," Christen got up, and was about to walk out, when both Ashlyn and I stepped in her way. 

"What are you doing?" 

"Preventing you from doing something stupid." I said. 

"Christen, don't do anything reckless," Tobin said. 

"Tobs, let me handle this," she said softly. 

"I was going to go tell the others." 

"We're not stupid Christen. Ashlyn can come with you." 

"Fine." They both walked out, leaving me and Tobin. 

I walked to her bed, and sat in the seat Christen was sitting in. 

"Hey Tobin," I said in my raspy voice. 

"Hey Alex." 

We were in silence until Tobin asked a question I wasn't expecting, "Any reason why you stayed here while Christen and Ashlyn walked off?" 

"oh.... ummm no...er..." she got me there. 

"Its okay," she chuckled. I blushed. 

The door burst open, and the whole team filled in, except Kelley cause she was with Hope. Carli was the first to talk, "We don't see Seth, and were not planning on seeing them, so we are just going to stay in either rooms, and stay until we can go." 

"When can they be released?" asked Moe. 

"Next hour or so. Doc said they can leave, but no soccer or any kind of big movement for awhile," instructed Becky. I heard Tobin groan behind me. 

Hour later

No one saw Seth or his friends after that, and the doctor told us that Hope and Tobin were released, but had to sign some papers. After the paperwork was filled out, we put them on wheelchairs, even though they both didn't want to. Kelley got Hope into her car, and drove her to her house, while Christen took Tobin and did the same. Everyone else got into cars, and drove home, leaving me and Carli in the parking lot. 

"You miss Tobin don't you?" Carli asked suddenly. 

"Yeah, I do. I miss her like crazy." 

"But you have Servando." 

"Yeah, and he's just as great, and he's such a support." 

"As long as he's treating you right, that's all what matters. WE don't ant to see you get abused again. We care about you, even Christen does even if it doesn't look like it." 

"I know, and I do too. Care about Christen that is. I just wish I didn't screw up with Tobin." 

"You were over-protecting Tobin," she said. 

"Thanks for the reminder," I groaned. 

"Sorry, but just know Tobin forgives about that now." 

I didn't respond to that. "I think I have to head home." 

"Fine, but you have our support." 

"Thanks." I said before I walked to my car.