Chapter 7

Christen's Pov.

I put on a comfortable t-shirt and a pari of jeans, and walked out in the parking lot. Going against my will, Julie convinced me to go. She said that I should have a break and not think about Alex or Tobin. She was the only one who I told about them. When she and Zach were dating, they were one of cutest couples in the school.

I waited for Julie to drive to one of the jock's house, and when she appeared, she walked with Carli and Zach.

"Hey guys, you wanted to come with us?" I asked Zach.

"Yeah, I need to make sure my Julie is alright," he said, wrapping Julie in a side hug. She blushed.

I rolled my eyes. We got into the car, and drove. Zach was a good guy. He wasn't a drinker. He was a jock, and was well respected, and would make sure the soccer team was okay, especially Julie. When we arrived at the house, music was going off, the door was opened, and you could see through the windows lights shining. Out in the street cars were parked along the sidewalk. Some were lit up, and people were outside. I saw some making out. We waited until the others came, and when we did, I saw Tobin by herself. My interest perked, until I saw Alex. My hopes were dropped.

We walked up the stairs, and walked through the house. People were yelling, dancing and just talking. Out in the backyard there was a pool that was lit up. People were also dancing out here.

We stayed off to the side, until Kelley starts yelling, and jumping up and down

We stayed off to the side, until Kelley starts yelling, and jumping up and down. She then started to dance to the music, and before I know it, we all start doing it. We get more in the crowd, and I feel better. I was dancing, until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and saw the guy who wasn't making a scene in class.

"Can I help you?"

"You were there at that class when the other jocks were being rude to the teacher," he said.

"Yeah, I was there,"

"My name is Cole. I''m not like those guys just to put that out there," he said.

His voice was very soothing. He seemed pretty nice, but my mom always said to never trust someone until you really got to know them, "You and you're friends are known to be kind of on the party side," I stated.

"I wouldn't call them my friends. I just hang out with them because their on my team."

"Yeah, I hang out with my team mates, but their also my friends."

He nodded. There was a moment of silence between us, "Do you want a drink?"

"Yeah sure let me come with you. I don't want any alcohol," I walked with him ,and I quickly turned my head around, and saw Tobin looking at me, looking stiff.

I just smirked, and walked away. Since Tobin hurt me, I don't feel a slight feeling of sympathy for her. I walk with Cole to the refrigerator, and pull out a bottle of water. He also grabbed a bottle of water.