Chapter 27

Kelley's Pov. 

When Tobin left lunch, the rest stayed to finish. Christen and I were the next ones done, and as we walked out, I had my back turned for a sec, and when I turned around, Christen was gone. I was really confused, so I shrugged it off. I walked to my locker, grabbed my backpack, and walked to the commons. I sat down and watched the last ten minutes of The Walking Dead. Just as a character was going to get attacked by a zombie, someone scared the shit out of me. I screamed, and slammed my computer screen down, and took off my earbuds to see who it was. Turned out it was Moe and Kling. 

"Bitches!" 

They were laughing on the floor, probably peeing their pants, "Ha, loser!" 

"What are you guys doing?" came Hope walking up. 

"They just scared the hell out of me," I complained. 

"I'll make sure they don't do that again," reassured Hope. 

"Thank you, I very much appreciate it," I said while glaring at them. 

They kept on giggling, and when they were about to lunge at me again, Hope stepped in the way, causing them to stumble and fall down on each other. I quickly grabbed Hope's hand, and we sped walked out of there. I turned and gave Hope a big grin, and she tried to hold in her laugh. When we were safely away, we turned to each other. 

"So, I was thinking, after practice ends today and since its a Friday, the team can have a team bonding thing tonight at my house," Hope offered. 

"That sounds great. We haven't done that in awhile, and after what happened, we deserve that. How's Jill with you and Tobin?"

"She's okay, she's kind of mad at us that we "drove past a red light"," she quoted that last part with her fingers, "but were supposed to be back by next week." 

"That's good. I hate to see you not play keeper."

"Why, so you can try to shoot on me?" 

"First, I'm a defender, but I do like shooting on you, and second, I can see that your impatient whenever you have to sit on the sideline while watching us workout." 

"Cause I just want to run over to you when you lift your shirt to wipe off that sweat. I like it when you expose your abs to the world." 

I blushed, "Why thank you, but yours are top shelf man." 

"True." 

I laughed, "Okay gotta go to class, see you at practice," I gave her a quick kiss to her, and walked away. 

"Don't forget about team bonding!" she yelled behind me.

I gave a thumbs up behind me, and kept on walking. Throughout the day, I told the girls  that we were going to have team bonding at Hope's house. They were pretty amped up about it. Ashlyn and Ali were going to get the soda, Julie and Christen were going to get the chips, and of course I had a stash of nuts for myself. After school ended, I walked down to the locker room to change ad before I turned the corner, I saw Cole and Christen were talking. I decided to lay low, and stayed where I was. 

"How's your team doing?" asked Christen. 

"Fine, the guys are nice and all." 

"That's good, I'm glade you made the right choice." 

"Yeah, those assholes were... well... assholes," he chuckled. 

"Funny, how's you and your girlfriend?" 

"Were strong. She's really pretty and we hang out a lot." 

"Good. Well, I have practice, but sometime we should catch up."