Chapter 3

Kelley's Pov.

As I was in bed, I thought about the goalkeeper. Since I joined the team, I was immediately intrigued to Hope. She kept to herself, only talked to Carli really. If you weren't on the team, you would thought that Hope could kill someone. But she was the nicest person ever. When ever I talked to her, which was brief, she would be super sweet with me.

I wished that she would have the same feelings, but I knew that I couldn't get my hopes up, so I shoved down the feelings.

Next day

As I was arriving to school in my car, I saw the keeper walking by-herself, head down. As I got out of my car, I was stopped by someone.

"Hey, where you going?" asked an unrecognizable voice.

I turned around and saw it was a group of jocks, "Do you need something?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.

"Just thought that a girl like you could stop by at our party tonight. What ya say?" asked a guy, who wore a muscle tee, and a snapback hat, and some joggers.

"Why are you asking a soccer player?"

"Thought that we would be more open tonight, you can bring your team," offered one person.

"I'll take it into consideration," was all I said before I spun around, and speed walked up to the school.

I saw my friends, and rushed over.

"You okay Kells?" asked Tobin.

"No, I was stopped by a group of jocks. They asked me to go to a party tonight, you guys included."

"The hell?!" yelled Morgan.

"I know, all I said was "I'll take it into consideration"."

"Why would you say that, don't lead them on," pointed out Allie.

"I know, I just cracked."

"There is no way that I'm going to that party," said Julie.

"Diddo," I replied.

We walked to our classroom, and I was in calculus with Christen. I wanted to get into an Ivy League college so had to be ready. Today my attention kept on going back to Hope. Her piercing blue eyes were so mesmerizing to me. Her body was probably ripped. I never saw her shirtless, but I had a pretty good guess at what was under that shirt.

A couple of times Christen had to shake me to get my attention back, but I would usually start daydreaming again. Even the teacher called out on me, and boy was a red.

After class I rushed over to my locker, and put my calculus stuff away, and pulled out my AP Biology. I walked in, and sat down in the middle of the classroom. Same thing happened as to calculus. I didn't focus at all. After class, I walked over to the cafeteria. What was wrong with me?! Come one Kelley, get your shit together.

Hope's Pov.

As I walked up the school's stairs, I saw Kelley driving in. I immediately kept my head down ,and tired to find the team. I met up with them, and was silent until Kelley came tumbling in.

"You okay Kells?" asked Tobin.

"No, I was stopped by a group of jocks. They asked me to go to a party tonight, you guys included."

I froze. Not that we were invited to the jocks' party, but the they came to Kelley. I bet they didn't treat her well. That makes me mad that some boys take advantages of girls. I clenched my jaw, and did not dare say a word. If I did, I would start saying shit about them. I left, and went to my class I wasn't like Kelley, but i was pretty smart. I was in Trigonometry so I was pretty proud at where I stand. I sat down at the back, and pulled out my stuff. Tobin, Meghan, and Carli were in my class. Tobin sat next to me.

I enjoyed Tobin. She was a relaxed, chill person who was flexible with anything. She wasn't a chirpy person like Kelley (not that it was a problem) but that it was nice to have a nice, calm talk. As class went on, I kept on thinking of Kelley. Her squirrel jokes were always funny, but I never would acknowledge. Her eyes were beautiful. I knew that I had a thing for her, but in general I wasn't good at expressing my feelings.

As class ended, and I finished my second class, I went to the cafeteria, and went into line to get a salad, apple, and a soda.

After, I sat down at a table and waited for the team. Then walked in the jocks. I kept my head down, and as the passed me, I overheard their conversation.

"Dude, that girl when we stopped her at the parking lot was hot."

"Bet you I would get her number by the end of the night," said another.

"I bet that I would get more than a number," said another.

That was it. I shot up, and walked up to the person who said the last part and grabbed his shirt, and pulled him close to me, so he could see how serious I was.

"You better watch where you run your mouth. Don't you dare speak to Kelley like that again, you piece of..."

"Hope what are you doing?" asked Kelley from behind.

I stopped. I let go of his shirt, and backed away, "Consider that as a warning," I said lastly.

They looked at each other, and walked away. I sat down, and gave a deep breath. Shit, I knew that they were going to get me later.

"What the hell was that?" asked Kelley, sitting across form me.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," keeping my head down.

'I saw you attacking them why?"

"They were talking about you in a way that I didn't like, okay?"

"I can look out for myself."

"I know, its just that I don't like it at all when guys take advantage of girls."

When the others came, I was silent. I could feel Kelley's eyes burn right into me. I then got up, and dumped my food, and walked out, not turning back. God did I ever like Kelley, but sometimes she got on my nerves.