Chapter 20

Christen's Pov. 

After school, Tobin ran up to me and asked if I would have coffee with her. I would never pass on an offer like this, so I said yes. We walked towards the parking lot, when we heard a noise from behind. 

"HARRY!" 

I turned around and saw Allie sprinting down towards us. When she got close enough from Tobin, she jumped onto her back. Tobin had no time to turn around herself. Luckily, Tobin or Allie didn't fall down because of Tobin's strength. 

"Jeez Allie, why ya gotta act like a kid?" grunted the midfielder who was still holding onto Allie. 

"We're just inseparable" she giggled. 

As they were talking away, I kept on laughing how silly Tobin looked, trying to let go of Allie, but Allie would keep her grip around Tobin, and if Tobin let her go, she would just end up choking. 

"Now, if you don't mind, Christen and I have somewhere to run," Tobin finally said. 

"Oooo, where too?" 

"None of you're business," she snapped, but not harshly. 

"We're going out for coffee," I put in. 

"I'm flabbergasted that you just told her!" Tobin said. 

I shrugged my shoulders, "Thought it wasn't a secret." 

"Oh alright, I guess you're right," Tobin agreed. 

"That sounds romantic," said Allie. 

"Okay that's enough, down you go," Tobin slowly let Allie down, crouching into a squat position. Allie got off, and waved goodbye before running off to somewhere else. We both laughed, and hopped into Tobin's car. We drove to the café, and ordered our coffees. We sat down on the outside tables under an umbrella to keep the sun from shinning on us. We kept a peaceful silentness as we sipped our coffees. 

Tobin was the first to break the silence, "Christen, I was wondering... if umm..." Tobin trailed off. 

"If what?" I asked soothingly. 

"Well umm... since its coming closer to that time, I was wondering if...?" 

I gave a questionable look, when it finally hit me, "I would love to." 

"I haven't even finished my question," she said baffled. 

"I know where the subject is heading. I would love to go to the dance with you." 

"Oh man, I'm so glad that it went better than I thought. I was wondering the worst."

"Why would you think that?" 

"With you, me, and the soccer team, I didn't know if you'd want someone to take you to the dance who was in a middle of drama and not to mention created an all out war against each other." 

"I'm putting that aside. Since the day you left, I forgave you. I knew that it was rough for you. I know that not everyone is on the same page. Kelley is still mad at Alex, and I'm not what you consider friends with her. But I'm willing to fix all of that." 

She gave her million dollar smile, "I'm glad that you see a way to forgive the others. I am so glad that I dated you." 

I blushed. I looked down in embarrassment. I would have wished for her to say I hope we can become close or would you become my girlfriend again? We finished our coffee, and drove to my house. When we got to the driveway, I got out, and Tobin rolled down the window. 

"Do you want a theme for the dance?" she asked. 

"I think we'll just surprise each other. How about we won't be in the same place when we change, and when I mean place, I mean in different houses," I said.