12

Derek's P.o.v

This is all my fault! If I wasn't such an asshole, none of this would've happened!

If I wasn't such a jerk, things would've never turned out like this...

Flashback!

It was a cold, chilly night. Matthew and I had just celebrated our 1 year anniversary, and now we were just sitting under the sky, starting at the eternally shinning stars.

I stared at Matt, he looked beautiful, his skin appearing as its usual smoothness, no flaw in sight.

He looked utterly adorable, his eyes sparkling under the stars, making it seem as if you glanced long enough you could see the galaxy in them.

He looked content and blissful, I'm glad he does, since I didn't plan all of our day for weeks, just for him to be disappointed.

You could imagine the happiness I felt as he giggled, and laughed, throughout the night. His smile never left his face.

Although he still has a smile on, I can't help but feel it's for a different reason this time.

It's for me, and only me. No one else...

"Matthew," I said startling him out of his trance, "I love you."

He smiled brightly, eyes crinkling at the corners, and eyes shining like the first star in a lonely night sky.

"Derek," he laughed a little, "you already know that I love you too."

I snorted, "I know," and I smiled a little brighter, "I just love to hear it come out of your mouth."

Suddenly, he sat up, making me worry, and wonder if he was gonna leave.

Yet, somehow I knew he wouldn't, and as he leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, I knew I was right.

He playfully bit my ear, before whispering, "I. Love. You."

My cheeks turned red, and then I turned to look at him, who, as predicated, was grinning like a shark.

I laughed, "You tease." before attacking him with soft, sweet kisses.

It was at that moment that I realized, love isn't something to play with, it's something you have to hug, cuddle, and embrace it with your own love.

Flashback over!

I stared at Matt's face, the one I used to love to steal glances at, the one that I placed kisses on, and the one that I missed every, single, day.

Then, as I saw his face get punched, I felt my heart shatter.

I looked at Kyle, the one that I told constant lies to, and I realized why I picked him.

His personality along with Matthew's were almost identical. As well as their faces, although Matthew had a smoother and softer looking face, they were scarily similar.

Why did I even cheat on Matt? Was I trying to get him jealous, if so, what for? I had him, and he was mine, but why did I had to go and fuck it up.

For what, jealousy? What was wrong with me?!

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts, as I heard a loud crack, and as I looked towards Matthew, I realized in horror that Kyle was beating him to a pulp.

I heard another crack, that snapped me out of my horror and initial shock, I jumped up and ran toward Kyle, forcing him back as he lost balance and fell to the ground.

I sprinted back towards Matt and landed on my knees, as I stared at him.

His once smooth face, had bumps and bruises all over, and one of his big, gorgeous, sparkly eyes was swollen shut from a black eye.

Yet, I couldn't help but think how he still looked beautiful, even though his face was basically beaten to a pulp.

"Matt!", I exclaimed. "Matt, please answer me!"

His mouth suddenly opened and started to move as if he was talking, but I heard nothing.

I suddenly saw water droplets fall down on his shirt.

Was it raining?

No, no, it wasn't raining. I was just...crying.

I touched my face in shock, my eyes wet from my tears. My cheeks stained with tear streaks that had dried all too quickly.

Finally, Matt had sat up, as he realized that I couldn't hear him.

Joyful, I leaned over to embrace him in my arms, that he always said he enjoyed.

Slap!

"Don't you dare touch me," Matt spat out the words like they were poison, "I'm just fine."

Matt, stood up, I assume to got patch himself up, I didn't chase after him, shock still present in me from the slap; not that I'd didn't expect it to happen.

Then, I swiftly glanced up, almost forgetting about Kyle, I looked around but to no avail, he was nowhere in sight.

I panicked, and then calmed down as I realized that, surely, Matt would help me find him.

Or just slap me again.

Kaboom! Update! Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhh, the crowds' roars come to life...jk. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this update, and make sure to vote if you did!~