25

Matthew's P.o.v

Cold.

That's all I could feel.

My hope has long since diminished when I realized that I didn't know where Kyle was. What made me think that I could find him.

My steps were sluggish as the cold nipped and clawed at my body. Dropping my body's normal temperature even further.

My lungs ached as they struggled to get in oxygen, my pants coming out harsher.

How long have I walked? How long have I been gone? How long?

Questions filled my mind as I stopped and stared at the ground, illuminated by the ever bright full moon.

Get up.

No.

Get up!

No.

GET UP!

No!

"Matthew get the fuck up before you freeze your ass off!"

I gasped, and snapped my head up to the voice. Squinting, I stared at the tall figure, wondering who they were.

Suddenly I was launched into the stranger's arms, as they forcefully lifted my body off the cold ground.

"Honestly, Matt, what the fuck are you doing on the ground? Aren't you looking for Kyle?"

Confused, I stared blankly at the stranger, all-too-familiar black eyes looking back at me, black eyes boring into brown.

"D-Derek?"

He chuckled softly, "You're barely realizing its me. Honestly Matt, when'd you get this slow?"

My eyes narrowed, Oh fuck off cheater, I thought, before releasing a deep sigh.

"You ok Matt? You seem off," Derek asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm—" I forced myself out of his horribly inviting arms, "just fine."

Derek sighed as he stared at me an unknown emotion swirling in his eyes, creating an uncomfortable tension to rise in the air.

"So anyways Derek, why'd you follow me? I would've been just fine on my own you know."

A loud snort sounded in the air making my eyes narrow into slits, "Oh right because you looked like you were taking such a good job of yourself as you fucking laid down on the fucking floor."

I scoffed, "Whatever, just answer the fucking question Der," I softly gasped at the realization.

I haven't call Derek "Der" in years, I only called him that in the first couple months of us dating, God was I in love then.

Derek stared at me blankly, wonder and confusion battled in his eyes, neither winning the fight.

"W-whatever, just a-answer the question Derek," my eyes glanced down at the ground avoiding his at all measures.