Chapter 1

POV Kenzie

"What!" I screech, obviously wanting to hear my parents wrong.
My mom cringes then opens her mouth. "I'm sorry Kenzie. But your dad got a really good job offer and we have to go. And it's perfect because you do online school."

I run my hand through my hair, frustrated. This is just perfect, absolutely wonderful. I'll be leaving the place I grew up in. Angry tears sting my eyes.

"I don't care about that stuff mom. I'll be leaving everyone and everythingI care about!Did you not even consider my feelings when you made this decision!" I tell.
My moms face softens and I take a deep breathe, trying to calm down. "I'm sorry. I'll fly you out to see your friends. But we have to go"

I nod then say "whatever. It's not like I have a say in the matter" I say coldly before heading to my room. My parents had already put boxes in my room. I glare at them, kick em then sit on my bed, grabbing my phone and messaging my group chat.

Lowkey all my friends

Me: guys.. I'm moving to Kansas

Not wanting to talk to anyone, I shut my phone off. But almost instantly, Grace, my best friend out of everyone, FaceTimes me. I answer and her face fills up my screen.
"Hey...." I say trailing off. "Your leaving?" She asks and I nod. She hides her face off screen the looks at my again with tears rolling down her cheeks. "Please don't leave." Her voice cracks and my stomach churns.

"I don't want too."

****
Two week has passed and my family and I have made it to Kansas.

We pull up to an amazing house and I get out of the car.
My mom walks to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.
"Ready to go in?" She asks smiling. I just nod. We walk up the steps and into the house.
Right as you walk in there's stairs to go up to the second level and what I think is going to b out living room. Right next to the living room space is the kitchen. And opposite to the stairs in a hallway with door on either side of the wall.

"Go ahead and choose your room upstairs me and your father will be sleeping down here." She said pushing me a little. I nod and go upstairs.

I find a room that I like and wait for the moving truck to get here.

While I wait I might as well go pick up some paint.

I walk down stairs and see my parents sitting on the floor in the living room area.
My mom looks up and smiles at me. "Find the room you want?" She asks getting up.

"Yeah, and can I borrow your car and some money to go buy paint for my room?" I ask. "Yeah sure, the money is in my purse along with the keys." She says nodding to her purse which is on the stairs.

"Thanks" I say grabbing her keys and thirty dollars.
I walk out the front door and unlock her car.

I hop in and take out my phone.

"Siri, where's the nearest Walmart"

*****

I pull into the Walmart and get out, locking my car.
I walk in and I'm refreshed by the air conditioning they have in here.
I'm just wearing a loose dandelion crop top with high wasted light washed shorts a tan cardigan and white converse.
(Kenzie's outfit)