Chapter 12

POV Kenzie

Ding dong, the door bell rings and I practically jump from the chair I was sitting in. My mom said I looked like I'm in a hospital waiting to hear back if a family member is okay. So basically I look scared out of my mind.

I walk over to the door wringing my hands together nervously and open it. Tanner stands there, looking good might it add. He looks up from the ground and smiles at me. "You look beautiful", he says. "Thanks. You don't look to bad yourself", I say smiling back. "Thanks", he says before my mom comes up behind me. "Take care of my daughter for me. Okay?", she asks sounding more nervous then me. "Of course", Tanner replies.

My mom puts her hand on my shoulder and squeezes it. I turn my head to look at her. A smile spreads across my lips seeing her care so much. "I'll be okay", I say. She nods and gives me a hug. Once she lets me go, I step out of the door frame and to Tanner. My mom shuts the door and he gives me a hug. "So are you gunna tell me we're going?", I ask as we head to his car. "Do you like frozen yogurt?", he asks as we get into his car. I look at him like he's stupid. "Of course I do. I am a human being", I say then laugh.

He smiles and starts his car. Soon we arrive to a lime berry and we get out. "Oh my god Tanner. We're twinning!", I say noticing that he's wearing a white and gold Nike T shirt with black joggers and black shoes.

"We are", he says laughing. We walk into Lime berry and go pick out our frozen yogurts. I get cake batter with whipped cream and M&M's. Tanner gets vanilla with whipped cream and fruity pebbles. We decide to sit down at one of the tables and eat it. So once we're seated I start eating. Soon I feel something touch my foot. I look up at Tanner from my ice cream to see him smiling innocently. I scrunch my eyebrows together and smile slightly. Again, he touches my foot. Then he rubs my calf with the front of his foot.

"Are you trying to seduce me or something?", I say raising an eyebrow. Tanner starts laughing "maybe", he says winking at me. I giggle and go back to my yogurt. "Oh my god. It's been so long sense I've had frozen yogurt", I say groaning. He chuckles at me and I smile "what?", I ask licking yogurt from my lip. "Nothing. It's just, your so adorable", he says smiling at me, eyes gleaming. I look down at my bowl, blushing and play with my yogurt.  "Don't look down when you blush. It's cute", Tanner says reaching over and lifting my chin up.

I smile, it reaching my eyes completely. Tanner looks at me with this... look that has such. Aug I don't know! It's its... I don't know. Maybe I'll find out later. He lets go of my chin and sits back down. He's amazing, I think to myself. "I know I am", he says smiling. "Oh shoot. Did I say that out loud?", I ask smiling slightly. "Yeah. You did. But for the record. I think your amazing too",he says which makes me smiles even bigger. He is truly an amazing guy. But how will I know for sure until he finds out. No. He will not find out. He could be just like one of those other guys. But then again, he might not be...

***

After another fifteen minutes, we finished our frozen yogurt and headed outside. "Instead of going back, let's take a walk", Tanner suggests and I nod my head.
We head of down the side walk and I pull my sleeves and wrap my fingers around the fabric. Tanner slowly wraps and arm around my shoulders and I smile. I snake my arm around his waist. "You asked me what I did for fun back in Washington. So what do you do for fun here?", I suddenly ask breaking the silence. "I do crazy things, like jump of bridges in the summer", he says and i try not to cringe. Bridges equals suicide. But for him, it equals fun. "I also do random challenges. At least I think it's fun", he says smiling. "Can I tell you something?", he asks. "Yeah", I say looking up at him. "You make me happy", he says and stops walking. A smile forms on my lips and I bit my lip. "You make me happy too", I say quietly.

He smiles down at me and cups my face with his hands. I stand on my toes and he brings our lips together. The kiss is sweet and slow. I like it, he's being gentle with me. He's being sweet. We pull away from each other, still really close to each other. "There's a park close by. Let's walk there", he says leaning away and grabbing my hand. "Okay", I say not knowing what else to say.

***

Once we get to the park, Tanner leads me to the swings. We sit there for a while before I break the silence. "Hey Tanner?", I ask. "Yeah", he replies looking over at me. "Can I ask you something. You don't have to answer it", I say. "Yeah. Go ahead", he says leaning forward a little bit. "What did you think when you saw me for the first time?", I ask. For a minute Tanner just smiles and looks at the ground. "You don't have to answer", I say shaking my hands. "No no no, I'll answer", he says his eyes shinning

"When i first saw you, I thought you are the most beautiful human I have ever seen".

(A/N) Hey guys!!! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been so busy lately and it's insane! I've been so focused on school that I just haven't been able to sit down and write for a long period of time. But here you go! It's a little a shorter then I usually write but I wanted to get something out to you lovely amazing people. I hope you had a great day and enjoyed this chapter and that's about all. Don't forget to vote, comment, And add this book. It would mean so much to me! I also have other books so if you want, do check them out! Okay bye for now my loves!💜