Chapter 17

POV Kenzie

I drop my stuff onto Tanner floor and crawl onto his bed. "Kenzie. Why are you crying", Tanner asks sitting in front of me. More tears run down my face and I let out a sob. "Did something happen?", Tanner asks brushing his thumb across my face. "M-my d-dads bosses son, touched me", I manage to stutter out. Tanners hands freezes "then he kisses me", I say looking at my lap. He cups my face and lifts it to look into my eyes. "Do you think I would be mad at you?", he asks. "Well I just thought...", I trail off and look away. "Kenzie. Look at me", he says and I slowly turn and look at him. "I'm not mad. It's not your fault that he's a sick twisted boy", Tanner says pressing our foreheads together.

"And it's not your fault that your hot", Tanner says smiling. I laugh and slap his shoulder. "What? it's true", he says laughing and pulling me into a hug. "I love you", I laugh laughing a little. "I love you too", he says rubbing my back. "I'm sorry about what happened", he says pulling us apart. "Its okay. He's just a honey teenager just wanting to get some", I say running my hands along my curves. Tanner laughs and pulls me back into a hug. "Your hilarious", he says as I wrap my arms around him.

"I know", I say sighing. "What's with the sigh", Tanner asks placing his hand on my lower back. "Nothing, it's just that. I don't even know. But can we cuddle?", I ask feeling tired. "Of course", he says pulling away and laying down. I lay down with my back facing him so he's the big spoon. He pulls my waist so I'm right I know against his chest then intwines our fingers. Then he nuzzles his head into my neck and kisses it. "I love you", Tanner mumbles against my skin. "I love you too", I say giving his hand a squeeze.

"I want to sleep", I say turning around to face Tanner. "Okay then go to sleep", he says opening his arms . I wiggle into his arms and put one of my hands on his neck and the other under his arm. He pulls up a blanket and I put my head on his chest. "Goodnight Babe", Tanner says holding me tighter. "Night", I say then yawn. Tanner chuckles under me and rubs my back. "Go to sleep", he whispers. "No argument here", I say before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

***

***Dream***

Josh kisses me harshly and tugs of me dress. I try to pull away but he has a tight grip on me. "Stop struggling or I'll tell my dad to fire your dad", he says gripping my sides. I stop moving and drop my hands to my side. He smiles and strokes my cheek with his thumb. "Good girl", he says going to kiss me again. I cringe and lean back. "Get on the bed", he says. Slowly, I walk to the bed and sit on the edge. He walks over, taking his belt off and letting it drop to the floor. A tear escapes my eye and I wipe it away quickly.

This bastard isn't going to see a single emotions during this.

***

I wake up with tears running down my face. "Kenzie... what's wrong?", Tanner asks stroking my cheek and pushing hair away from my face. I take a gulp of air before turning to Tanner. His face softens and he cups half of my face with his hand. "I had a dream we're my dads bosses son... he raped me", I say, more tears escaping my eyes. Tanner takes me in his arms and rubs my back. "Its okay Kenzie. He won't bother you anymore", he whispers into my ear. "Your going to be okay. He's nothing. He won't have you", Tanner says holding me tighter. "I love you so much. He will never touch you again", he says and I nod into his chest, still sobbing.

Soon enough I'm all cried out and I'm laid against Tanners chest, sniffing. He's stroking my hair and he lays down on his bed. "Try to sleep. You'll feel better in the morning", he whispers and I curl my arms up against his chest. His arms tighten around me and I feel safe. Like I could stay here forever. I don't ever want to leave his embrace.

***

In the morning I sit at Tanners dining room table barley able to stay awake. Probably because after I stopped crying, I just tossed and turned the whole night. I think I got at least three hours. "You look terrible", Taylor says coming over and sitting beside me. "That's something you should definitely tell a girl", I say turning to face her. She smiles and I run hands through my hair. "Come on. Let's go ask Tanner to get us Starbucks", she says pulling me from my chair. I smile as she wraps an arm around my waist.

We walk into Tanners room, locked at the hip to see him sitting up on his bed editing or doing something on his laptop. He looks up and sighs. "Why is everyone trying to steal my girlfriend?", he says placing his laptop aside. "Im not stealing her. I'm straight", Taylor says giving him a 'duh' face. "But we wanted you to take us to Starbucks. Mostly because Kenzie looks like crap", she says nudging me. I roll my eyes and smile. "Sure. Let's go", Tanner says jumping out of bed and getting a shirt and slides on.

Taylor runs out of his room and I get on my shoes. Tanner puts an arm around me and plants a kiss on my temple. "Your mine", he whispers into my ear. "I know", I say kissing his lips sweetly. "Let's go", he says pulling me along next to him. Once we get upstairs, Taylor is already waiting by the door. "Took you long enough", she says smiling and shoving her phone into the back pocket of her jeans.

My hair falls into my face and I take it in my hands and pull in into a high messy bun. "She's right. I probably do look like crap", I say walking out of there house, smiling a little. "You do not. You look beautiful", Tanner says kissing me cheek. My smile grows as he unlocks the door. Taylor gets in the back and I sit down in the passenger seat. Tanner pulls out of the drive way and take off towards the nearest Starbucks. "What are you gunna get Kenzie?", Taylor asks putting her hands on either side of my seat and leaning forward.

"I'm probably going to get a Carmel Frappe-chino", i say smiling. "Oh cool", she says then leans back against her seat. "Tanner you have to let me pay this time", I say turning my body to face him. "Nope. It's my job to pay for your food if we go out", he says smiling. "But this isn't food. It's a drink", I say poking his arm. "And drinks too. And I'll buy you breakfast too", he says smiling at me. My eyes narrow and I groan, turning to face the windshield. "Your adorable when your mad", he says chuckling.

"I'm not mad", I say sticking my tongue out at him. He laughs at me and I also hear Taylor giggle from the back seat. My head turns to look out the window and I look at the landscape.

How lucky am i to end up with such an amazing guy? Maybe I should tell him about my depression and cutting. I'm a few days I will. He won't judge me. He'll except me for who I am. And maybe he'll help me through it.

Just maybe.

(A/N) OMG! I am so sorry i couldn't update for 6 freaking days! I've been writing but I haven't finished this chapter until now. I have been so busy with school and soccer and homework that I haven't had time to write! And when i do have time to write, I don't have inspiration. But today I came out from soccer practice and my mom freaking told me we had to go to my grandparents house for dinner. And I broke down because I had such a bad day and an exhausting practice. Now I'm sitting in the car, and I have no plans on going in. I'm such a brat. Oh well whatcha gunna do about it. But here's another chapter. AND OMG GUYS!!!! This book is growing so much and it's all thanks to you! I love you all so very much and I can't believe we've gotten this far!!! I literally love you guys so much. You are my favorite propel!! Okay I know this is a long AN but I really needed to appreciate you guys. Okay so please vote, comment, and add this book. It would mean the absolute world to me. That's all. Bye for now my loves!!💜