Chapter 30

POV Kenzie

"Okay. First things first, you have to tell Tanner", she says. What. No, omg you're pregnant! "Okay. But he's at an open house so I'll text him asking if he can talk afterwards", I say nodding. "Now you need to decide if you want to keep it or not", she says. "I want to keep it. No matter what. I'm not aborting or giving it up for adoption.", I say firmly. "I agree", she says smiling. "Why am I more happy about this then I should be?", I ask touching my stomach.

"Because this is your time to have a baby. And I know you will be an amazing mother", she says. "Thanks", I say looking down at my stomach. "How will I tell my parents?", I ask. "Just tell them. I know they'll support you", Grace says moving from side to side. The door slams from down stairs, signaling that my mom is home. "Moms home. I think I'm gunna go tell her", I say smiling. "Okay. Let me know how it goes", she says before hanging up.

I walk down stairs to find her putting away groceries. "Hey mom. Can I talk to you about something?", I ask leaning against the table. "Sure honey", she says putting some more food away. "Please don't get to mad. I understand if you are mad but I don't want to ruin our relationship", I say wringing my hands together. "Kenzie... are you pregnant?", she asks looking worried. I nod and look down. Just then, a pair of arms, specifically my mothers, embrace me into a tight hug. "You're not going to abort or give up this child. Me and your father will help you raise it", she whispers as I hug her back. "Aren't you mad?", I ask as tears sting my eyes. "No. Disappointed? A little but I'm not mad. I'll talk to your dad about it. Have you told Tanner yet?", she asks. "How do you know it's Tanners?", I and raising and eyebrow.

She pulls away and places her hands on her hips. "Unless you hooked up my John when you went back to Olympia, its Tanners", she says making a face. "You're right", I say. "Of course I am. I'm a mother", she says going back to unload. "You need to tell Tanner", she says. "I know and I will. He's busy right now though so later", I sat heading back upstairs and texting Tanner.

Me: I need to talk to ASAP

After a few moments, he texts back.

Tanner: come over after the open house around 4.

Me: kk see you soon

My eyes wander over to the clock and it reads 3. I mentally groan. This is going to be the longest hour of my life. Well I might as well edit a bit of my video while I'm here.

Actually, the house passed pretty fast and I even edited till 4:10. "Shooot", I mumble sliding my laptop of me and putting on some black vans then running down stairs and out to my car before staring it and driving to Tanners house. Soon I arrive to Tanners house and I park on the side of the road. As I'm walking up the drive way, Tanner comes walking out. I smile but it fades when I see a girl with him.

They turn to each other and kiss. Not just a small kiss, it's a literal make out session. I stop mid step and in that moment, my heart shatters. Tears form in my eyes as Tanner pulls away from the girl smiling. His eyes find me and his smile drops. "Kenzie!", he calls out but I'm already halfway to my car. I feel a hand on my arm and I spin around and slap him. He looks stunned. "You are an inconsiderate little bastard!", I scream at him. "Kenzie please let me explain", he pleads. "Explain what? That you obviously love her more? I told you that you would have to earn it! Do you think that made me trust you!", I yell pointing at the girl.

"We aren't even together anymore", he whispers. "Are you kidding me! You wanted to get back together and now you're saying we aren't together!", I yell. "You know what? It's fine", I say smiling and wiping my tears away. He looks hopeful. "It's not like you broke my heart. For the second time. So just don't talk to me again.", I say cheerfully and his face falls. "I came here today to tell you something important. I'll just deal with it myself, like I do with everything", I say holding my stomach before turning on my heal and walking to my car.