Chapter 14

POV Kenzie

Feeling this always sucks. I hate feeling depressed. But I'm thankful I don't feel it as much. Sense I met Tanner I've been... happier. My mom has noticed too. She knows about everything. She knows about my depression and self harm. She try's to help but she's not always around to make me happy. But she told me, she's ecstatic to see me almost back to my old self. Which only made me tear up.

But now, I just want to cut. I hold of as long as I can before scrambling our of bed to find my purse. Once it's in my sight, I walk over to it shaking and dig through it until I find what I'm looking for. My eyeshadow pallet with the fake bottom. I open it up and go sit on the toilet in my bathroom. My hands are shaking now as I pick up the blade. I take a deep breathe and swipe it across my thigh. Again and again and again and again until there's almost no room left. Still shaking, I set the blade back in it's spot and grab some toilet paper. I wad it up in my hands and dab it along my thigh. Sucking in through my mouth, I clench my teeth to keep from hissing in pain. I hate this part.

Soon after I'm cleaned up, I put back my blades and lay in my bed. My phone buzzes and I pick it up. It's from Tanner.

Tanner😘😜: I just wanted to let you know how happy I am that I met you have a good rest of your night❤️

A smile spreads across my lips but it fades. If he had sent this ten minutes ago, I would have stopped myself from cutting. But it's to late now.

***

"Tanner stop", I say laughing and trying to push him away. He's tickling me and pinning my arms and legs so I can't get away. "Not until you say it", he says wagging his finger at me. "Never", I say breathless. "If you say so", he says and tickles me even harder. "Okay okay! I'll say it", I say and he stops. I continue, "Tanner Braungardt is the sexiest, hottest, loving , kind human being in this plant. And I love him." "That wasn't so hard was it?", Tanner says smiling, still straddling my waist. I roll my eyes and he leans down and pecks my lips.

He flops over next to me and lays his head in the crook of my shoulder. "Have I told you how happy I am since Ive met you?", he says looking up at me. "You may have mentioned it a few times", I say leaning down and pressing my lips to his. His hand snakes around my waist and pulls me on top of him. My hands move up to his cheek then slide down to his hips. I grip his shirt in my fists and his hands slide down and rest on my butt.

We pull apart from each other breathless. "I need to talk to you about something", he says and I slide off him. I sit Indian on his bed and he sits across from me. "Okay what do you want to talk to me about?", I ask and he takes my hand. "I want you to be my girlfriend", he says. My mouth parts slightly and I small gasp escapes my lips. My heart picks up its pace and my mind is flooded with thoughts. Is he kidding? What if he's just playing me? No he wouldn't do that. Would he? "Kenzie? Will you be my girlfriend?", he asks again. "Y-yes", I say. "Yes, yes, yes! Of course I will!", I say leaning over and hugging him. His arms wrap around me and brings my body closer to his.

"I was hoping you'd say that", he says obviously smiling. We fall over on his bed and I giggle. "You make me so happy", I say nuzzling my face into his shoulder. He chuckles and pulls me even closer, if that's possible. "You make me happy too", he says kissing my head.  Maybe he ain't playing me. Maybe he's being serious. And maybe, I'm falling In love with him.

***

"Hey guys! It's Kenzie and today me and Tanner are going to be answering a few of your questions", I say into the camera. Tanner waves at the camera and I look down at my phone. "Uuuuuummmm, okay there are a bunch of people that are asking if me and Tanner are dating , so we will just answer that first.", I say looking over at Tanner. He nods, signaling I can tell them. "So to answer your questions, yes we are dating.", I say smiling. I lean over and lay my head on his shoulder. "Yeah. She's mine. So all you guys better back off", he says pulling me closer to him.

I laugh and pull away from him. "Okay. Moving on", I say looking back at my phone. "Do you have animals?", I say looking up."I did. But we left them in Olympia until we get settled then my brother is going to come visit and bring them with.", I explain. "Okay so I decided to change this up at but.", I say handing my phone to Tanner. "Tanner is going to read the questions for me and I'll just answer them", I say. "How many boyfriends have you had?", Tanner says, his jaw moving from clenching his teeth together. "Actually, Tanner is my first one", I say and he immediately relaxes.

Did he really get jealous over a question? Maybe I am something to him... Maybe.

(A/N) get guys! So sorry this chapter is short. I just felt like i needed to get something out to you guys. I've been so busy with so much stuff this week, with soccer starting up and the end of the semester, I've had no time to sit down and write. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And omg guys!! We got this book to 700 reads!! I could not be happier!! Thank you all so much! This literally means the world to me! Okay well don't forget to vote, comment, and add this book! I would love it if you did! Okay well that's all for now. Bye my loves!💜