Chapter 27

POV Kenzie

"So, why are you here today?" the councilor asks crossing her legs. My parents are making me see one now and I just want to be at home sleeping. Her name is Susan or something. "I tried to kill myself." I say shrugging. "Can you tell me why?" she asks. "Cause I hate my life" I say crossing my arms. "Why?" she asks clutching a pen. "Rather not say" I reply coldly. That's pretty much how all of our meetings go. Her asking me questions, and me giving her few word answers.

It's been a month sense I tried to kill myself. Right now, I'm at the top of the stairs listening to my mom talk to my dad. "Susan says she hadn't made any improvement. She hasn't been talking to her." my mom explains. "Maybe putting her into counseling wasn't the best idea. We should listen to what she wants to do. And she obviously doesn't want to be in counseling." my dad argues back. My mom sighs and I can practically see her putting her hand on her forehead. "She needs help." mom says. "But she doesn't want it. You know how stubborn she is." dad says.

I don't listen to the rest. I just go into my room and close the door. My head turns down and looks at my arm covered by my sleeve. I pull it back to look at my now scaring over cut. The stitches got taken out a week or so ago and the doctor said I'll have the scars for my whole life. My fingers run over it and I remember back to the night. All the pain and heartbreak. I took the antidepressants but I got a bad rash from it and stopped taking them. I'm still extremely skinny and I don't look good. I gained a very small amount of weight but nothing much.

Tanner and I have talked a few times and we decided to meet up today. Just to talk things out. So I get on a pair of jeans, a long sleeve navy blue shirt, a black infinity scarf and black vans. Then I brush out my hair and brush my teeth before grabbing my phone, keys and purse. After that I walk down stairs and find my parents in the kitchen. "I'm going out." I say smiling. "Okay. Be home soon." my mom says. I nod and walk out of the house the get into my car and drive to the mall.

Once I get there, anxiety is racking my body. He told me he would be outside the Starbucks in the mall. I walk into the mall and head towards Starbucks. Tanners outside of it, his hair is down and his face pale. He doesn't look to good either. I push my hair over to the side and he looks up and our eyes meet. He meets me halfway and we just stand there, looking at each other. "So, do you want to get something? Or do you just want to go in and sit down?" he asks. "I could use some tea." I say smiling weakly. His lips twitch up and we ushers me into the shop.

Once it's our turn to order I say, "I'll have a Chi Tea latte." The cashier smiles and turns to Tanner. "And what will you have." she asks smiling. "I'm not getting anything." he says. "Okay that will be $3.48." she says. I pull out my wallet but Tanner puts his hand on it. "Im paying." he says taking out his wallet. "No. I am." I say smiling. "No you're not", he says taking my wallet and pulling it in his pocket farthest away from me. I smile, remembering he did the same thing when we first met.

"You guys are adorable. How long have you guys been together?" the cashier asks smiling. "Oh we're not together" I say awkwardly. "Ohh, siblings?" she asks. "No" I say. "Just..." I trail off and look at Tanner. He looks back over at me and nods. "Friends. Just friends." I say turning to her. She nods and takes the money from Tanner. "Well that was awkward." I say after she gives him his change and we walk away to wait for my drink. "Yeah. And who knew we would look like siblings?", he says laughing. "Yeah", I say smiling. I've missed his laugh. "Well it might be the blonde hair but still." he says reaching over to touch my hair.

Then he realizes what he did and pulls away. "I'm sorry." he says looking at his feet. "It's okay. Force of habit." say playing it cool. But in the inside, butterfly's have erupted from my stomach. This boy can still make me feel amazing.