Chapter 2

(A/N) what Kenzie's room looks like

POV Kenzie

After finishing my room after two long days, and constant texting between me and Tanner and recording then posting videos, I flop down on my bed and pick up my purple stuffed bear.

I hug it close to my chest and close my eyes. I start to feel the depression take over and I start to feel numb.
I sit up and dig around In my purse. I take out my makeup palette with a fake bottom where I keep my razors.

I take one out a lift up my shirt to reveal my scars and cuts. I drag the blade across my stomach and hip bone and do that several more times.

I move to my thigh, and cut above my shorts. I bandage up my stomach and thigh and then feel better.
A few minutes later my phones buzzes and I pick it up.

Tanner😘😜: let's hang out today. Send me your address, I'm picking you up😁😜

Me: kk, gave me a second

I send him my address and put on some black converse, grab a light cardigan, put my hair in a bun and do my makeup.
I put on black winged eyeliner, that's not to thick and black mascara. Nothing to extreme just simple. I grab my purse and camera.

I walk down the stares and see my mom hanging up pictures and my dad setting up the tv.
"I'm gunna hang out with my new friend. I don't know when I'll be back." I tell them smiling. "Okay sweetie have fun. Just be back before 10" my mom says.
"Okay" I say before turning on my camera. "Hey guys it's Kenzie, and today I wasn't really gunna do anything but my new friend texted me and we're gunna hang out today. I wonder who he is?" I say into the camera.

I hear him pull up and I walk outside saying goodbye to my parents. He gets out of the car and walks to me.
"Hey" he says hugging me. "Hey" I say back. "Do you mind if I record a little" I say holding up my camera. "Sure. I'm gunna record to so it's all good" he says smiling.

I smile back and we turn to go get into his car. Once I buckle, he starts the car and pulls away, I start to record again "so today I'm going to be hanging out with Tanner Braungardt!" I say including Tanner in the shot.
He smiles and waves. "So what are we going to do today?" I ask him lowering the camera a little.
"I don't know. What are we doing?" He asks giving me a sarcastic smile. I give him a look and he laughs.
"I was thinking we could go to a movie or something" he says. "Okay sounds good" I say smiling.

I lift the camera back up and say "so we decided to go to the movies. And I don't know what where gunna see so I'll let you guys know when we figure what we will see" before shutting it off.

"Can you hold my camera and record me?" Tanner asks. "Sure" I say and he hands me his camera.
I press record and turn it too him and let him do his thing.

"Your a lot better at recording then my mom" he said laughing as I pressed the off button. "Well I have had a lot of practice" I said setting the camera down in his lap.

"Right. I keep forgetting you make YouTube videos too" he said smiling.
"What should we see?" I ask. "I don't know." He says and I roll my eye. "Well that helps me so much" I say.

"Are they still showing me before you?" I ask. "I don't know. Look it up on my phone." He says unlocking his phone and handing it to me.

I look up the times and do a fist pump in my head.
"It's still in theaters" I say giving his phone back.
"Okay. I've never seen it" I lean back against my he door and put my hand on my chest. "You haven't seen me before you?" I ask shocked.

"No" he says laughing at me. "I've seen the movies thousands of times and read the book even more times. I cried while watching/reading it every time" I say