Chapter 16

POV Kenzie

I'm laying on Tanners bed, facing the wall with his original Kate Upton poster on it. My eyes are closed and the blanket Tanner put on me a few hours ago is up to my chin. Tanner is beside me, his back facing me. Quentin is on the couch ok his phone.
They must think I'm asleep. "Tanner?", Quentin asks. "Mmmmm", Tanner says. "You really like her don't you?", Quentin asks. "Yeah I do", he replies to Quentin. "I can see it. In your eyes. The way you look at her", Quentin says.
"How can you tell", Tanner asks. I can just see him scrunching his eyebrows together. "Because you look at her the same way my dad looks at me mom", He says. "I-I think I might love her Quentin. I know it's only been a few months but I think I do", Tanner says. I smile. "I'm sure she feels the same way", Quentin says. "I hope she does", Tanner says. And with that, he puts an arm around me waist and brings me close to his chest.
He kisses my forehead and hold me tight. Quentin's right. I do love him.

***

"Tanner", I say giggling as he kisses me all over my face. "What", he says innocently. "Stop it tickles", I say. His eyebrows furrow together. "How does kissing you tickle?", he asks. "I don't know it just does. I'm really weird", I say raising my eyebrows. "That you are", he says smiling. I sit up on his bed and look over at him. "What", he asks smiling. "Nothing, it's just, I'm so lucky to have you", I say leaning toward him. "Same here", he says closing the gap between us. As our lips meet, sparks fly through my body. It's amazing after all this time, he still makes me feel this way.

We pull away from each other, foreheads still touching. His hand grazes my cheek and rests on my shoulder. "Kenzie. I need to tell you something", He says pulling away fully. "What is it?", I ask furrowing my eyebrows together. "I know it's early in out relationship but...", he trails off looking down at his bed. "Tanner. Just tell me", I say giving him and reassuring squeeze on his knee. "I-i love you Kenzie", he says smiling. "Tanner...", I say a small smile forming on my lips. "I love you too", I tell him. His smile widens and he pulls me into a hug.

"I didn't think you would say it", Tanner says squeezing me. "I thought you would never say it and I would have to step up and be the man", I say laughing a little. "I did too for a little bit", he says chuckling and pulling away. "I love you", he whispers looking me in my eyes. "I love you too", I say leaning my forehead against his.

"And I love you both!", Quentin says walking into Tanners room. He sits down next to me and pulls us both into a hug. "We love you too Quentin", Tanner says patting his chest. I laugh and pull away.

My phone beeps and I look at it. "Ah shoot", I say furrowing my eyebrows. "What?", Tanner asks looking worried. "I got to go. My mom needs me home. My dads new boss is coming over for dinner", I say texting my mom back quickly before looking back up. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow", he says leaning forward and kisses my cheek. "Bye", I say getting up and grabbing my things.
Once I get outside and get into my car, I head home.

"Hey mom I'm home!", I tell walking into my house. "Oh hey sweetie! So your fathers boss is coming here at 6 so go get ready. I already picked out a dress for you", she says smiling. "Okay mom", I say heading upstairs. "Oh and Kenzie", my mom says. I turn around and look at her. "Yeah", I say. "I love you", she says hugging me. "I love you too", I say giving her a squeeze.

I turn back around and head upstairs to get ready.

***

After taking a shower, blow drying my hair, and doing my makeup, I put the dress my mom picked out for me.

It's a black mini dress with a sheer top right above my breasts and a choker collar. It stops right above my cuts and scars. Good job mom.