Chapter 18

POV Kenzie

"Tanner. Your mom will be home any minute", I say trying to push him away. "We'll stop once she gets here", he says going back to kissing my neck. For the last ten minutes or so me and Tanner have been making out on his upstairs couch. His mom texted him saying she'll be home soon. I've been trying to get him to stop, but he's stubborn.

"Just relax Kenzie", he whispers on my neck. I let out a long breath and relax my shoulders and back. "There you go", he whispers chucking a bit. I smile and run my hands through Tanners hair. He groans and his hands tighten on my waist. Tanners laying on me, in between my legs sideways on the couch. My legs squeeze his sides as he leaves hickeys on my neck.

He brings his head and up and kisses my softly. "I love you", he says stroking my cheek. His eyes dart between mine and I look lovingly at his face. "I love you too", i say bringing his lips back to mine. The door to the garage opens and Tanner jumps of me and I sit up. "Hey mom", Tanner says smiling. "Hi miss Braungardt", I say looking at his mom as she walks into the living room. "Kenzie. How many times have I told you to call me Kim?", she says smiling. "Too many", i say smiling. She nods and walks into the kitchen.

Tanner and I look at each other and laugh quietly. "That was close", he whispers. "Ya think? I told you she would be home any minute", I whisper slapping his arm. He rubs the spot where I hit and looks at my neck. "Oops. I should be careful next time with hickey placement", he says touching it. "What?", I say touching my neck. "Yeah, sorry", he says smirking. "Don't smirk", i say hitting him again. "Owww", he whines frowning. I giggle and grab my phone from the arm of the couch.

Tanner tackles me and I let out a squeal. He wraps his arm around my waist and lays his head down on my chest. "What are you doing?", I ask smiling. "Cuddling", he mumbles into my shirt. "Okay I say readjusting my position so Tanners back is on the couch and my face is laying on a pillow and resting on his chest. "That's better", I say smiling. My arms tighten around Tanners body. One is under his arm facing the ceiling, and the other is near his underarm and warped around his back.

"I love cuddling with you", he says rubbing my back. "Me too", I say into his chest. I inhale his sent and sigh happily. "What's wrong?", he asks. "Nothing", I say smiling. Tanner just squeezes me in response.

"Let's film a PO box opening", he says sitting up. I prop my head up on my hand and raise an eyebrow. "You just want to see me in a swimming suite. Again", I say rolling my eyes. He smiles and leans down to kiss me. After a quick one, I turn away and press my back to his chest. "Tease", he mumbles, laying back down and wrapping an arm around me. I smile and hold his hand from the back. "That's what I'm here for", I say closing my eyes and snuggling into his chest.

***

"Kenzie... why didn't you tell me? I still love you. I always will", Tanner says kissing my scars. I had just gotten up the courage to tell him. And it went better than I expected. He still loves me and is going to help me with my depression and self harm.

I smile and he embraces me in his arms. "I'll always love you Kenzie.", he says rubbing my back. He starts talking again but his worlds are getting hard to hear. What's going on?

Just then I wake up in my room. Tears flood my eyes as I realize it was just a dream. I thought it was real. A year slips out but I wipe it away. "No. He will except me", I say out loud before getting out of bed and walking to my bathroom.

I start the shower and close the door. Soon my cloths are on the floor and I'm in the shower, shampooing my hair. About ten minutes pass and I'm done showering. So with a towel wrapped around me, I head out into my room to pick out an outfit. Opening my dresser drawers, I throw on my bed a pair of light gray sweatpants and a black tank top with a black jacket.