Chapter 15

POV Kenzie

"So when are you coming back home again?", Grace asks. I laugh, she had just asked me the same question thirty minutes ago when we started face timing. "I don't know. Halloween?", I suggest talking the pencil in my hand against a notebook in front of me. "You have to come hime for Halloween Kenzie. It's a tradition for you, me and John to go out and get candy.", she whines. "I know. But don't you think we're to old for that", I ask. "Dude. It's free candy", she says giving me a are you dumb face. "True", I reply biting my lip. "But then we're coming home for Thanksgiving then Christmas. And my parents just don't have the money to buy all those plane tickets.", I say scrunching my eyebrows together. "Then why don't you just stay here? Or in Olympia I mean.", she says raising her hand and waving it in a way.

I nod my head. "That's true. But my dad has work and we can't stay there for a month. As much as I wish I could. We just can't", I say hoping she'll understand. "It's okay. We'll see each other somehow. But.. what's wrong? I can see something's up", Grace says looking concerned. Our eyes meet through the camera and I swallow the lump in my throat. "I overheard my parents talking. And they said they might only be able to afford one trip. So there'll have to choose. Thanksgiving, or Christmas", I say tears brimming my eyes.

"So your not coming for Halloween?", she asks her voice cracking. "Please don't cry. If it cry then I'll cry. And I don't want to cry", I say, the tears threatening to spill over. "I miss you so much Kenzie", Grace says tears strolling down her face. "I miss you too", I say. I let go and tears poor down my face. "I can't wait to see you. But I have to go. I have homework", she says wiping her tears. "Okay. Bye, I love you", o say. "I love you too Kenzie", she says before hanging up. Exhausted, I flop back on my bed and fall into a dreamless sleep.

***

"I can't believe how smooth it feels", Tanner says swiping his tongue over his teeth. He just got his braces of and is amazed on how weird they feel. "That's how I felt when I got mine off", I say  giggling a little. "You could feel them too if you want", he say wiggling his eyebrows. All I do is roll my eyes and laugh. "You wish kid", I sat pushing him by the shoulder. He shrugs "it was worth a try", he says pulling me
Into his chest. My eyes meet him and he kisses my lips gently. "Spending time with you is amazing", he says stroking my cheek with his thumb. "Right back at you", I say resting my head on his chest.

I love how we can go from joking around to serous. He's honestly so sweet. Spending time with him is almost as fun as spending time with Grace. Almost.
He makes me smile. He's good for me. But I still don't know how he'll react when he finds out about my self harm. He's such a good guy. I doubt he would react badly. Right?

He wraps his arms protectively around me and plants a kiss on my forehead. "So do you want to do something today, or cuddle?", he asks looking down at me. "Mmmmm, cuddle", I reply smiling. "Okay", he says flipping me over so I'm facing his TV. He brings his arm around my waist, holding my hand as well. I lean back into his chest and curl my legs a little. "Could you grab the remote?", he asks. I nod and reach over to his desk where the remote was placed. My fingers find the on button then head to Netflix. "So The Walking Dead, or Bones?", I ask. "How about the walking dead", he says. "Sounds good", I say playing the show. I lay the remote down next to me and snuggle back into Tanner.
Today is going to be good.

***

"Quentin!", I squeal running towards him. He opens his arms and I run into them. "I haven't seen you in such a long time", I say into his chest. "We literally saw each other yesterday", he says chuckling. "Yeah well to me it was along time", I say pulling away then shivering. "Why didn't I wait for you to come inside before hugging you? It's flippin could out here", I say shifting on my bare feet.

I had run outside when I saw Quentin pull up. I stupidly didn't put shoes or a jacket on. "Steeling my girlfriend already?", Tanner yells from the doorway smiling. "Yup. Just give it a month and she'll be mine!", He yells back. Soon I start walking towards the house but my feet come out from under me. I look back to see Quentin. "I could have walked to the house by myself you know", I say rolling my eyes. "I know. But you said you where cold", he says smiling innocently. "Whatever", I say smiling.

Once we get to the door, Quentin sets me down and I walk inside. Tanner suddenly wraps me in a hug, smoothing me to his chest. "Okay. I get it. I'm yours. Not need to kill me", I say patting his back. He releases me then grips me face and kisses me. "Just making sure you know it", he whispers pulling away. "Are you jealous?", I whisper back smiling. His face turns a light shade of red. "Maybe", he says quietly. That's kind of hot. "It is?", he asks. "Did I say that out load?", I whisper. "Yes you did", Tanner says pulling me closer to him.

I press my lips to his and tangle my fingers in his hair. "Okay ew. I don't need to see that. So I'm going down to your room", Quentin says walking down the stairs. I pull away from him smiling. "I want more", Tanner says pushing his lips back to mine. "Eager much?", I say pulling away a little. "Absolutely", he says walking me over to his couch. He says is down and kisses me again.

This time, more roughly. I bite his bottom lip and pull it a bit. He groans a little then continues to kiss down my neck. My hands grip his shirt as he kisses my collar bone. "Oh my god", I whisper.

"Guys hurry up! I'm getting lonely!", Quentin yells from down stairs. Tanner pulls away from me and licks his lips. "I guess we'll have to continue this another time", he says kissing softly. "I guess so", I say.

(A/N) hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a couple days. I've been so busy with school and soccer and homework, I haven't had time to write. And I know I say that a lot but it's true. And I've been so exhausted lately too. I might have to start updating this book once a week. Maybe twice. It just depends on the week. But guys!! This book got to 800 reads! I'm so excited! I can not thank you guys enough and I really wish I could do something for you guys in return. I'll be thinking about what i can do. But thanks so much for it!! It means the world to me!! Okay so I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and add this book! I love you guys so much and bye for now my loves!💜