Chapter 8

POV Kenzie

Tanner eyes open showing his bright blue eyes. They meet my green ones and sparks fly throughout my body. He takes his head out of my lap and sits up.

"So what do you want to do?", he asks. "We could binge watch a show in Netflix?", I suggest. He nods, "sounds good", he replies smiling.

He grabs the remote and heads to Netflix. We decide to watch bones, I talked him into it. I've literally watched all the seasons like three times (A/N okay sorry but if you have not watched bones before, it is my favorite show of all time. You should go watch it after you read this chapter *wink wink* but it does have a little gore in it, but I don't think it's that bad)

We ended up getting to season three, and by the second episode of the first season, he was hooked. But throughout the whole time, we where just talking about random things. Like why was going on with our lives before we met. Stuff like that.

So here's what we talked about.

***

"How did I not know about this show? It's so amazing", Tanner says pressure the ok button on the remote to play the fourth episode of bones. I laugh. "Yeah I know. I've seen all the episodes at least three times.", I say flipping my pony tail.

Tanner rolls his eyes at me and I smile. "So what was your life back in Olympia?", Tanner asks. I rub my hands together and smile, thinking of my old life. "I thought it was perfect" I pause. Actually. Not perfect. Unless you consider, depression, anxiety and self harm perfect, I think to myself before continuing. "I had friends, a growing YouTube channel, and my online schooling was going great", I say smiling. "Who are you friends?", Tanner asks sounding... interested?

"Well... My best friend, or sister, Grace was- is my closet friend. We've known each other for so long. Madi, she is so sweet. And funny too, I've known her sense 6th grade and before 7th grade started she moved to another school, but we are still really close. Hazel, she's... something. We had an instant bond when we met I'm 6th grade. We actually call each other twin because we're so much alike. Even though we look nothing alike. Which doesn't really matter. But she is one of the funniest people I know. Then there's Taylor and Hunter, I met them in 7th grade. There twins. Taylor had this personality like no other. And her sense of humor is so original. She's really one of a kind, despite the fact she has a twin brother. Hunter is one of my best guy friends, he's pretty funny too. But he's also really shy. But once you get to know him, he's crazy. And Bella. Even though we met in 6th grade I feel like I've known her longer. She also really shy, which makes her and Hunter the perfect couple. But she is really special. Like she's a crazy special. But she's one of my best friends. And Ben, he's another one of my guy friends. I met him in 6th grade. And we kind of just made fun of each other. If was just something we did. And eventually we grew closer and I could tell him whatever was on my mind. Him and Grace are dating now. And John. He's my closet guy friend. We met in 6th grade too. He's always been there for me when I needed someone. He helped me through a lot of hard times. He's like a brother to me.", I finish then my eyes widen. "Oh my god I'm so sorry. I just talked for so long", I apologize to Tanner.

He smiles and shakes his head "it's alright. I liked listening to you", he says taking my hand and smiling. I smile back. Wow. There is a lot of smoking going on in our relationship.

"What about you? How was your life before I came along", I ask. "It was pretty much the same. But it's better now", he says. "How?", I ask pushing my eyebrows together, and talking my head to the side a bit. "It's gotten better because I met you", he says smiling.

I look down at my lap and fiddle with my fingers. I smile then look up at Tanner, meeting his eyes. "Well thank you", I say.

"But enough about me. I want to know more about you. Tell me what you like and do", he stays resting his head in his hand.

"Well, I like to read, write, obviously you know that though. But when I was back in Olympia, I was in the high school choir. I love to sing. But I have stage fright and can only sing in groups. Or if it's just me and my camera. Ummmmmm... I like to draw, and I also like to mess around with makeup.", I say smiling. "So your just artistic", Tanner says summarizing what I just said. I shrug "yeah I guess", I say smiling.

"Ooo! I I like Netflix too", I sat laughing. Tanner chuckles and pats my knee. "Your special", he says smiling. "I know", I reply then swing my pony tail then I get it stuck in my eyelashes.

"Great", I huff taking my hair out of my face. "Here. Let me help", Tanner says brushing the hair from my forehead. His fingers linger along my cheek then jaw. Our eyes meet and his look is so intense, I know temped to look away.

He clears his throat and wipes he rest of my hair away before leaning back. I internally let out my breathe and look to the side. Why'd he pull away? Why am I even worried about this? We've only known each other a few days. And I don't really want to drag him into my depression... but he seems to really like me. Maybe he does... I mean I really like him and stuff but do I want to pull him into this? And do I like him more than a friend?

All these unanswered questions. Sigh.

***

After a few hours, it's almost three am. I lean down and grab my makeup wipes and then to Tanner. "I'm gunna she off my makeup. So don't get scared", I sat laughing. He chuckles "your not gunna look scary", he says putting his hand on my shoulder. "Okay. But don't say I didn't warn you", I say raising an eyebrow. Oh god, I'm so happy that I actually have eyebrows and only put tint in them.

I take of my eye makeup then the little eyebrow I put on. After only using one wipe, I put the remover away. Tanner glances at me then does a double take. "I know. Ugly right", I say. "Not at all. You look even better without makeup", he says lifting up my face to look him in the eye.

I smile then probably look as red as a tomato. "Are you ready to go to bed?", Tanner asks. I nod then grab my pillow and blanket. I put it next to Tanners, my back facing him, then get under his blanket then tug like close up to my chin.

I feel Tanner get up and turn of the light, the bed dips down by his weight. The blankets tousle around a bit before it settles.

I start shivering, as I realize how freaking cold it is in this room. "Are you cold", Tanner asks. "Yeah. A little", I reply. Tanner snakes his arm around my waist and pulls me to his bare chest. His heat radiates off of him and into me. I start to feel warmer and wiggle closer to Tanner.

His arm tightens around my waist, in a, protective manner? Anyway, I know fine with it. I feel safe and warm. So soon I fall into a dreamless sleep.

(A/N) hey guys! Sorry I updated this so late, my friends came over then we went to the movies and one of them is staying the night and I just wanted to get something out to you. I hope yo enjoyed it and please don't forget to votes, comment, add my book and follow me! It would mean so much to me if you did! I also have other books so go check those out! If you want but yeah. Okay that's all for now my loves!💜