Chapter 29

POV Kenzie

Things have been okay between me and Tanner. A little awkward some if the time but not to much. We hang out a lot now. And he's proven to me that I can trust him. But I'm still looking out for my heart. Another thing, i stopped seeing my counselor. Thank god for that. My parents told me they wanted me to tell them what I wanted. I told them I just needed time. They agreed and left me be. Right after I got home from the ER, I noticed that something was different.

I couldn't quite put my finger in it until a few days after. All the knifes were gone. And they still are. My parents hid them somewhere, obviously for my safety, and I have to ask permission to use one. And then I do, they watch me. I've also been taking the antidepressants and I feel great. I don't feel depressed anymore and it's amazing. I can actually go a day without feeling that horrible feeling. I think the people around me have been noticing too. I don't know how but they are.

***

"Auugg", I groan flopping back into Tanners bed. "I'll never learn", I say taking the guitar off and handing it to him. "Maybe guitar hero isn't for you", he says chuckling. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed", I say sarcastically then smile. "We're going to look at houses today. Want to come?", he asks laying down beside me. "I think I should just go home. My mom wants me in her site", I say rolling my eyes. "I understand", he says and I grab my phone.

I across through my Instagram feed until I come across one of Graces pictures. It's a picture of all of us at the mall. She captioned it with; I'm so glad I have all these amazing people in my life. Love you all! Especially Kenzie. My heart melted and a smirk spreads across my face. Instantly, I double tap it then go to text her a thank you.

Then I shut my phone off and turn to Tanner, who's already looking at me. "What?", I say smiling. "Nothing... it's nothing", he says sitting up. Okay then... "what could we do in the meantime?", I ask also siting up. "Mmmm, we could watch Bones", he suggests. "Okay, and I'll try not spoil the episodes for you", I say smiling. "Yeah thanks", he says rolling his eyes. I giggle. He turns on his TV and I start to feel queasy. I hold my stomach before running out of his room and to the bathroom.

Once I'm by the toilet, I throw up what I had for breakfast. Tanner comes in a few moments later and holds my hair. Then he rubs my back and I vomit more. After all the food is out of me I sit back and take a few deep breathes before flushing the toilet. I look up at Tanner and wipe my sweaty forehead. Oh no. This can't be happening. "Are you okay?", he asks looking me over. "Yeah yeah I'm fine. Probably just something I ate", I say and he extends a hand that I gladly take. He pulls me up and I rinse out my mouth.

"I should probably take you home", he says placing a hand on my back. "Yeah", I say quietly before grabbing my phone and purse. We go outside and get into his car. I lean back against the seat and close my eyes. "Are you feeling nauseous?", Tanner asks. "No, I just have a minor headache", I respond.

My heart is beating so fast I can barely hear over it. Once we to my house, I jump out and rush to my front door. "Wait Kenzie!", Tanner calls. I turn around, breathless, and we meet eyes. "Yeah", I say as he approaches me. "Are you okay?", he asks. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to do something", I reply giving him a reassuring smile. He nods and turns around then gets in his car. I shut the door but then look out of the peep hole and watch him drive away. As soon as he leaves, I run out of the house and to my car. I get in and drive to Walmart and go inside and get what I need before paying and going back home

Once I get inside, I run upstairs and into my bathroom then lock the door. Once I'm done in there I go back out and set my phone and my purchase on my desk and sit on my bed to wait. Nerves run through me as I stare at what I bought. Soon enough, my phone rings, signaling that the fifth teen minutes is up. I grab it and look down. I drop it and it bounces to the floor. Tears form in my eyes and my hand flys to my mouth.

I stand up and begin to pace. What am I going to do? Who do I tell? Oh god my parents will kill me. But... how do I tell Tanner? I need to call Grace. I get into my bed and grab my laptop before FaceTimeing her. She answers after a few rings and I see her smiling face. "Hey. What's up?", she asks, her eyes sparkling. "I need to talk to you about something", I say wringing my hands together.

"Yeah of course", she says, worry covering her face. "So you can't tell anyone about this. You have to promise me that", I say looking seriously. "I won't", she promises. "I haven't told anyone about this. Not my parents, not my other family, not my other friends, not Quentin, not Tanner nobody", I pause and Grace nods. I continue,"I don't know how to feel about this. I guess I'm happy or sad or disappointed in myself but I feel sick to my stomach. Literally. I need your help. I have no clue what to do and I need you to tell me what to do."

Grace looks genuinely concerned. "Just tell me Kenzie. I'll help you in any way possible. I promise", she says leaving forward. I nod and take a deep breathe. "You have always been there for me when I needed you. Through everything Grace. And I love you for that. I haven't had my period for a month. I took a test. I'm pregnant. I'm freaking pregnant Grace. Tanners the father".

(A/N) Hey guys! Sorry for leaving you on a cliff hanger I just got inspired and started to write. I decided to get her pregnant because I thought it would add a nice twist to the story. I just wanted to thank you for reading this book. AND OMG!!! WE GOT TO 4K!!!! IM SO HAPPY! I would have not gotten this far without you. I know it doesn't seem that much but it means so much to me. Writing is my life. I love it so much and it's my release from the real world. In writing I get to do whatever I want. That can't happen in real life. But enough of that, I'm thinking that there will only be about two or three more chapters left in this book. So at the end of the book, let me know if you want a sequel. Okay so don't forget to vote, comment, and add this book if you like it. That all for now my loves! Bye!💜

P.s: Wattpad wouldn't let me in for a while yesterday but i woke up and it was working so I just wanted to update you guys on that.

Unedited