Chapter 28

POV Kenzie

Tanner, Quentin and I all hung out for a while in my room. A few hours passed off doing absolutely nothing and I stared to get bored.

"Let's do something." I say shifting in my bed for what seemed to be the millionth time. "Like what?" Quentin asks sitting up. "I don't know. Just something." I say lying flat down on my bed. "We could go to the mall", Tanner suggests. "I don't have money." I say rolling into my stomach. "What about getting food?", Quentin asks. "Not hungry." I reply shaking my head. "What! You're always hungry", Tanner says smiling. "I'm just not hungry." I say shrugging. "We could go for a drive", Quentin suggests. "Well there's three of us so that won't work", I say sitting up and leaving against the wall.

"You're impossible." Quentin says groaning. "We could have a movie night." I suggest looking at Tanner then Quentin. "Sure." Tanner says. "Okay. But we're going to have to have junk food." Quentin says standing up. "Well that's a problem because I don't have any junk food." I say standing up. "Then let's go to the store." he says doing his little arm movements. "I don't have money." I say. "But we do." Tanner says standing up. "I don't want  I waist all your money." I say giving them each a look.

"We don't care"." Tanner says taking my hand but quickly dropping it. "Are you sure?." I say rubbing my hands together. "No. Now let's go." Quentin says gabbing my hand and pulling me out off my room. I laugh and we go down the stairs. Laughing comes from the kitchen and I walk in there to find my mom, dad, my dads boss and Josh. "Hey mom. We're gunna go to  the store and get some food. We're gunna have a movie night." I say smiling and turning around.

"How about including Josh." my mom says and I freeze. My body tenses up and I look at Tanner, pleading him with my eyes. He scrunches up his eyebrows and he looks like he doesn't know what to do. My head falls slightly and I turn back around and smile. "Well it was going to be a friend thing..." I trail off and look at the ground. "Well Josh is your friend." my dads boss says. "Yeah I guess but we where gunna go to Tanners house", I say. "Look. You just can watch it here and we'll go outside to give you privacy." my dad says.

"Yeah. Okay." I say knowing there is no other way to get out of it. "We're just going to the store really quick and we'll be back", I say turning around and pulling the boys out of the house before they can protest. We get into Tanners car and we pulls out of my drive way. I sit in the back seat with my head in my hands. "Kenzie? Are you okay?." Tanner asks. "What do you think." I reply blinking back tears.

"I think you don't want to be around him anytime soon", Quentin says. "You, are right", I say pointing at him. "What do I win?", he asks turning to me smiling. "A hug", I say rolling my eyes as a smile tugs at my lips. "Yay!", he says fist pumping. I laugh and Tanner smiles at me from the rear view mirror. I smile back as we pull into Walmart. "This is where we met", I say getting out off the car.

"Yeah, I remember", Tanner says slamming his door shut. We walk in and I rub my hands together. Quentin puts an arm around me and rubs my arm. "It's okay. We won't let him touch you. Or even get near you", he says and I lean into him. "Thank you. Seriously. Thank you", I say looking at him then at Tanner.

"Anytime", Tanner says smiling weakly. We begin walking around and grabbing the things as we see them. Soon enough, our shopping cart - which we got in the way in - is full and we headed to the self checkout station. "I fell bad not paying for anything", I say sliding some Oreos over the scanner. "You used to always pay for things and I felt bad. Now we're paying", Tanner says pointing to him and Quentin.

I sigh and grab the best item from Quentin and scan it then hand it to Tanner. Next, when we're done scanning the junk food, Tanner and Quentin do the math and decide the money up evenly. Then we go back to Tanners car and put the food in it and get in. Nerves surface and I wring my hands together and lean my head against the back of Tanners seat. "Kenzie. It's going to be okay", Quentin says. "But what if it's not. What if he try's to do something", I say sitting up. "He won't. Because we'll be there", Tanner says.

I take a deep breathe and close my eyes. For the rest of the ride back, I try to relax and calm my nerves. But it doesn't work much. I'm still extremely anxious. The car pulls to a stop and I know we're at my house. "Come on Kenzie", Quentin says and I groan. "Wake up Kenzieboo", He says sounding like he's taking to a kid. I groan again but get out of the car. Tanner shuts the door after me and pops the trunk of his car.

I grab a few bags and leave he rest for Quentin and Tanner. So mean right? Yeah, I know. I open the door and step inside to see Josh sitting on the couch. He turns his head and I go over and set the bags on the counter. A few moments later, Tanner and Quentin walk through the door, quietly talking. They come over to the kitchen as well and put their bags I the counter. We begin to unpack and put the food in bowls then I go over and set the bowls on the ottoman.

Josh looks me up and down then I scurry back over to Tanner and latch onto his arm. He looks down and me and wraps and arm around my waist. We walked around the kitchen like that until everything was out away. Josh cane over to help to. I tried to ignore his stares but it was hard.

Me and Tanner walk over to the couch and sit down. Quentin comes over but not as fast as Josh. He swings his legs over the back of the couch and sits next to me. I move closer to Tanner and place my hand on his chest. He notices Josh and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I grab a blanket from behind me and Tanner and put it on us, also to separate me from Josh just a little more.

I grab the remote and turn on the tv then go to free movies. "Ooo! Let's watch the Shallows!", Quentin says sitting down next to Josh and giving him a little glare. "Okay. Are you fine with that?", I ask Tanner. He gives me a quick nod and I start the movie.

Halfway through the movie, Josh moves closer to me and I immediately push myself against Tanner, if that's even possible. "It's okay", he whispers only loud enough for me to hear. I nod and look at him. He runs his fingers through the tips of my hair and I feel a little make relaxed.

I don't know how, but I ended up falling asleep during the movie. I didn't dream anything and I hope Tanner took care of me and didn't let Josh hurt me.

***

I wake up in my own room and I look around. Tanner and Quentin are sleeping on my floor next to each other, Tanner being closer to my bed. "Guys. Wake up", I say smiling. Tanner groans but sits up. He his Quentin on the back and he rolls over. "Ooooow", he says with his eyes closed. I laugh at them and Tanner gets up then flops down next to me. "Your floor is not comfortable", he says getting cozy on my bed.  "No kidding", Quentin says crawling into my bed on the other side of me. "So what happened after I fell asleep?", I ask.

"Well, the movie ended a few minute after then me and Quentin took you up here and stayed until they left. But then we ended up falling asleep and your mom came in and gave us some blankets and pillows. Then we went back to sleep. He never touched you", Tanner says looking up at me. I lay down and turn to him. "Thank you. Both of you", I say looking at Quentin. "That's what friends are for. Now shut up and go back to sleep", he says getting under the covers. Tanner gets under too and I snuggle closer to Tanner.

Then once again, sleep over takes me.

(A/N)Hey guys! Here's a chapter for ya beautiful people! And thank you for all the nice comments in my last update. Just so you know, I have absolutely no plans on discontinuing this book. I just needed a little break from everything. I'm so happy that you guys understood what I was trying to say. Thanks for being amazing readers. I don't know when I'll update next but I hope it's soon. I'm a little low in ideas, so maybe drop some in the comments. Don't forget to vote, comment and add this book! Bye for now my loves!
Unedited