Part 43

Today is the day. Today I marry my best friend of four years and the person that I am going to spend the rest of my life with. Today is the single most nerve wracking day in my entire life. Who knows why I'm nervous I mean it's supposed to be a great day, and it is it's just nerve wracking.
"Lauren are you ready?" Dinah asks as I look out the window of the room in Hawaii just after getting my hair and makeup done. My stylists have been there for it all and I wasn't having them miss this. And I look so good if I say so myself. My hair is curled fabulously and my makeup looks not valet because I didn't cake it but also smooths out my face. Wait let me show you.

You see what I mean look at that highlight

You see what I mean look at that highlight. My lawd. That's one beautiful highlight and the eye makeup. I'm sorry they just recaptured my vision and placed it on my face and I couldn't be happier. Everything is going smoothly, right now.
"Yeah I'm ready." I reply to Dinah and begin walking with her towards the room that holds my dress. Once I walked in I was greeted with smiles from my other bridesmaids.
"You ready babe?" Lucy asks as I look at myself in the mirror watching them bring out my dress from my peripheral.
"Beyond." I smile and she kisses my cheek wrapping her arms around my neck.
"I'm so happy for you. We've been dreaming of this since we were kids."
"I'm wondering when you will be tying the knot. We made the pact not to get married until everyone could get married but marriage equality is legal now so you have no excuse."
"I will I'm just waiting for the right time to do it."
"You guys love each other just go for it. It's been 6 years with Alex I think you guys are ready. You're just afraid."
"I'm not. I just want to be sure we're both ready."
"I support that. But soon so we can have our kids around the same ages and then have them date in the future."
"Ok Lau just for you." She smiles and I giggle as she releases me.
I slipped on my dress with some help from Dinah and Lucy while he others gawked at it. I fixed it up on myself and then walked to the mirror and watched as my mother slipped my veil into my hair. She fixed it around my hair and looked at me in the mirror and started tearing up.
"Mami?" I turn to her and she shakes her head.
"You look so gorgeous mija."
"Thank you Mami." She hugs me tightly as I try not to cry because of my makeup. I turn back to the mirror and look at myself in the mirror smiling st my reflection.