Part 49

We were getting ourselves together for the carpet and interviews they had before the show so of course my stylist was over at the house for me and Jackson. Most events when we go as a pair we use the same stylist. My stylist.
"So you've only got to do the interview for the radio station themselves, clever, awesomenesstv, and another of your choice. And you can do them all together except the radio station all right." My tour manager tells us.
"Ok and how long do we have to be on the carpet?"
"The usual ten minutes nothing special. It's not an award show so you're good."
"Thank you."
"I don't want to talk to the press can we get to the part where you tell me the timing of our meet and greet where I get to see the people I care about, the fans." Jackson says looking at his phone.
"Your meet and greet will be during Ariana's set and Lauren yours will be during Camila's set."
"Camila's going to be there?"
"I'm missing Ariana's set?" Jackson whines.
"Yes Jackson because you didn't want to miss Camila's set so I switched you with Nick Jonas who's trying not to miss Denis set. Lauren I'm sure you don't even want to see Camila let alone her set so the you go."
"I didn't know she was going to be there." I clarify.
"Sorry Lauren she was thrown in last minute after the success of her and Jacksons single.
"The one I wrote and produced." I mumble.
"Lauren really?" Jackson says.
"Yes really." I'm tired of him always taking her side.
"Lauren you have to stop being like this you need to try to..."
"You know what go marry her then if you're gonna always take her side against me."
"Babe..."
"No don't."
"I'm sorry babe alright. You're right you did basically create that song. I'm sorry."
"Good." I continue getting prepared and then finally get to change into my outfit for the night. Black high waisted jean shorts, white t-shirt, ripped jean jacket, and black boot heels that went up to my mid thigh. My stylist added a black chocker with a hanging pearl. Everything was perfect. Jackson walked out his hair down. He was wearing black ripped jeans, black Chelsea boots, a white t-shirt, black bomber jacket, and last minute he added a wide brim hat on top of his gorgeous blonde locks.
"You ready to ride my queen?"
"Always my king." I kiss him shortly.
All of the grandparents and aunts and uncles were staying home for a poker game together here with the show playing in the background. Sandra and the cousins were all coming and of course the siblings and parents were coming. We got them all tickets for it in the front section for the most part.
We arrived and went through the pictures and such and then proceeded to interviews. And as I was headed to get ready for the show I saw her. She was walking down the hall with her long brown hair and brown eyes and once they reached mine my demeanor went from smiling kindness to intense glaring.
"Lauren."
"Camila." We pass by each other with ease.
"Lauren we need you back on the carpet." My manager yells down the hallway so I head back and meet up with him and Jackson to do what they need.
"Yeah?"
"Interview for buzzfeed with Jackson." I nod and they start asking us questions and things having us react to stuff.
"Jackson oh my god hi!" Her voice comes and I instantly lose my excited demeanor. I don't even look at her as Jackson greets her.
"Hi Lauren." Camila greets and I send a small fake smile her way running my fingers through my hair.
"So good to see you." I just give her a nod and turn back around basically ignoring her presence.
"Lauren." Jackson says and I turn.
"Good to see you too Camila."
"How have you both been. I know Jacksons been working hard." She giggles her hand on his bicep. I stare at her hand with a death glare trying my hardest to burn a hole through her hand. She finally moves it.
"I have to go get ready see you out there Jackson, and him good luck out there I guess Lau."
"Thanks. You too." I say and she heads off. We finish the interview and
"Lauren you cannot act like that." He says to me.
"Uh huh."
"You have to be kinder than that. I know you're hurt but you can't be rude to her. She's my best friend and I won't allow it."
"Yeah don't tell me you will or will not allow me to have my own personal emotions about situations against someone who has repeatedly wronged me. I forgave her but it doesn't mean I have to act like we're best friends."
"Lauren she's basically family."
"No. No she's not."
"Lauren.."
"You know what Jackson since I'm not going to argue over my right to feel you can go elsewhere and get dressed. I'm changing, doing my job, and going home. You can figure out what is that makes you so protective over Camila against your wife who is simply hurt and not over everything that Camila has done to her. You can continue to fight for her and you can continue to oppose me. It just pushes me farther away from you." He doesn't know what to say he just looks at me.
"Exactly. And you say you love me. I think you love her Jackson. I think you're mistaken as to who you really want to be with forever."
"Baby that's an over exaggeration."
"Is it really? It seems to be spot on to me." I walk into the dressing room and close the door. I sink against the wall thinking about how he didn't even deny it. How this was all getting too much. What went wrong? We were so happy. It's been a year.
--------------