Part 45

That night when I was laying in bed beside Jackson cuddled up as we talked about our days and watched movies I got a call.
"Hello."
"Hey Lauren its Will."
I say as I get up as not to disturb Jacksons movie. I step outside closing the door.
"Oh hey Will what's up?"
"We just found out Camila has decided to leave the band."
"What?!" I scream.
"Her reps reached out to us and we thought we needed to tell you."
"We talked today about doing this professionally and with care for our harmonizers."
"She made a decision they've been gearing up for for a very long time. She's been ready. This was inevitable."
"She's such a traitor! How self centered do you have to be to completely defy an agreement we made in the beginning to end this well when we ended it. She only ever thinks about herself! She doesn't even have regards for other people! She got pissed because I suggested we take a bit of a break close this chapter and then pick up with our solo careers. She said that we villanize her for wanting to leave and treated her like the bad guy. Then she called us the worst before leaving."
"Lauren I'm sorry. She's gone. The question is posed to you. Do you want to finish this out with the others. Do this last album this last project with the others but without Camila. Do you want to finish this journey with us?"
"Always Will. Always. Those are my sisters. I won't turn my back on them now because Camila did. I'm staying in the band."
"That's great to hear. You were the last call. Dinah, Ally, And Normani already agreed to keep going. This is a new chapter but not in the way you had hoped."
"Nope. Does Simon know?"
"Yeah."
"Is he ok?"
"He feels betrayed and upset. Camila and you girls were like daughters to him and one of his daughters just turned her back on him, on us. He's devastated."
"This is a lot."
"It is. Well Lauren get some rest and think everything over. You girls have off the next week. We need to figure out what we're going to do."
"You're right. Goodnight Will."
"Goodnight Lauren."
I hand up then get my phone out and call the other girls and we get on a skype call to talk it over. I was downstairs in the office so I wasn't disturbing Jackson. We tied things up then I felt the need to call Camila.
"Hello."
"So you made your decision."
"Yeah. It's been long overdue. I need to do what's best for me and my career now. And you guys need to get over it."
"Camila we don't care that you are leaving. We care about how you did it. How could you not tell us face to face."
"You guys knew I was planning this."
"Not for today not for right now."
"We thought you were in this for the album at least like the rest of us. You're on all of the tracks we have so far!"
"So what?! That's not my fault. You guys are just going to have to deal with my decision."
"Camila it would've been common curtesy to say hey guys at the end of the week I'm leaving the band."
"You guys just want something else to blame on me and take out on me. The solo songs, the need for space from you guys sometimes, the breakup, and now for leaving the band. I was never apart of this band after everything happened with Shawn. You guys have a closer bond than anyone has with me."
"What are you talking about Camila? You're like my sister just like the rest. You were a bridesmaid at my wedding! You are an important part of all of our lives and we have nothing but love for you but the amount of disrespect you just showed us with this move is so hurtful. We all wanted to go solo but we wanted to do it with class not just for our reputations but also for our harmonizers. We wanted to end it all together to keep them from any drama. They deserve better than this for all they've done for us."
"This was necessary Lauren. You know how they treat us."
"This was greed and self centered thinking. They don't treat us right I'll admit but is money really worth costing yourself so much more gain and accomplishment. We are leaving management as soon as our contracts run out. You know this. The album will be done and will come out with some more promo and then we go straight to the rest of our lives but you couldn't hold on nor could you put yourself aside and say it to our faces!" I scream into the phone and the line goes silent.
"I can't do this Lauren. Move on honestly."
"Grow up Camila!" I then hang up and head upstairs seeing Jackson still sitting but looking at me with a face of concern.
"You ok my queen?" I nod my head getting back into bed.
"What happened?"
"Camila left."
"What do you mean?"
"She left the band by telling us through her reps who told Will who told us. She's gone."
"She didn't tell you guys?" I shake my head.
"She said she talked to you guys about it."
"Excuse me?" His eyes widen slightly.
"N-nothing. I love you." He puts on a fearful smile.
"You knew?!"
"No she just talked to me about the possibility."
"Why are you talking to her?"
"She's a good friend of mine. And she needed some counseling. I provided that, a meal, my thoughts. She's been turning this over for a while."
"No! No! No! Stop! You can have female friends but you can't be to them what you are to me without the sex."
"You're being inconsiderate. She's been thinking hard for the past month. She would call me every night not sure if she should go through with it." My demeanor shifted again as I grew angrier to the point I was silent.
"Now you understand."
"Understand that you've been talking to another woman on the phone every night the entire time we were on our honeymoon!? Yeah I understand that!"
He stays silent realizing what he had said.
"You are unbelievable." I turn everything off and turn to my side.
"Go to sleep." I say through gritted teeth. I hear him mumble profanities under his breath at himself. How could he?
----------