Chapter 7

"Oh Romeo.. Romeo... Let me touch your abs" Oikawa said as he reached for Iwaizumi's t-shirt.
Iwaizumi slapped his hand away quickly and focused on his book.

"Oikawa.... I understand that you are back from the entrance exam and all that, but I have to study" Iwaizumi said while not taking his eyes of his book.

"I know, I know... By the way, nice practise today" Oikawa said and shuffled closer to Iwaizumi, sitting by his side. He felt Iwaizumi's arm slowly sneak around his waist and pull him a bit closer.

"Please stay quiet for 15 minutes. Then we will talk about anything that you want" Iwaizumi asked and watched as Oikawa nodded.

Oikawa wasn't the person he used to be. He used to be loud and narcissistic, he wouldn't shut up and annoy everyone, but Iwaizumi changed him. Maybe seeing Iwaizumi hurt too many times made Oikawa realize how precious his time with Iwaizumi is, or maybe it was a need for those reassuring, warm, loving hugs that made Oikawa feel extra important.

"Stop staring" Iwaizumi chuckled, Oikawa finally came back to reality, realizing he had been staring at Iwaizumi's face all this time.

Iwaizumi slammed his book shut and turned to him.

"So... Anything ya' wanna talk about?" Iwaizumi asked, fixing Oikawa's hair a bit. He felt heat rushing to his cheeks as Iwaizumi looked at him with a loving gaze.

"U-Uh, not really.. Is there anything y-you want to t-talk about?" Oikawa watched as Iwaizumi laughed and then wrapped his arms around Oikawa, pulling him into a warm hug.

In only one year Oikawa became completely vulnerable around Iwaizumi, even a slightest touch would make him loose his mind.

Iwaizumi started playing with Oikawa's hair and humming a familiar melody, watching his beloved boyfriend close his eyes and relax. It might seem that Oikawa was the one who changed the most, but Iwaizumi also went through some major changes. The biggest one of them was a sudden over-protectiveness. He couldn't get Oikawa out of his sight, he was way too important.

He was someone Iwaizumi loved more than anybody in this world. He used to think that his friends are his family,and ofcourse that's true, but Oikawa felt like home.

Wherever Oikawa was, Iwaizumi felt happy. He was the closest thing to a family that Iwaizumi ever had. He would never call the people who brought him into this world family.

He heard Oikawa snoring lightly, his head on Iwaizumi's chest.

Truly an angel.

Iwaizumi smiled to himself and stayed in his place, running his fingers through Oikawa's hair and remembering their best moments.

Ah, maybe working in that cafe really was a good idea, maybe talking to a stranger was an amazing idea - maybe falling in love with an adorable boy who always got into trouble was one of the best things in his life.

Iwaizumi exhaled deeply, sinking deeper into the sofa. Remembering these kinds of things made him happy, but nothing made him happier than knowing that Oikawa is safe and okay, knowing that he loves Iwaizumi as much as Iwaizumi loves him.

Maybe Iwaizumi loved Oikawa so much because he was afraid to loose him. Maybe it was because he never knew what it was like to be loved by a parent... He grew up with his grandpa after all, after his parents dropped him off there and ran away.

.

.

.

.

--
Definitely one of my fav IwaOi chapters ever.

-hatari.