Chapter 14

"Kenma? You okay?" Ennoshita asked as he poked Kenma's arm.

"Wha-? Ah, yeah.. Just thinking" Kenma answered quietly.

"Something wrong? I can help" Ennoshita smiled at Kenma.

"No, it's okay. A bit of personal issues" He reassured his co-worker.

Kenma was still stressed. It's been a few days since the incident in the restaurant, but he still couldn't get over it.

~~

"You ruined it! You ruined my date! The only day that I have free and you ruin it!" Kuroo yelled at the younger male. Lev stared at Kuroo in pure horror.

Kenma quickly stood up and wrapped his arms around Kuroo, trying to stop him.

"Kuroo please, he didn't do it on purpose! He didn't mean to! Right Lev?" Kenma asked, his own heart was beating like crazy. He didn't want to see Kuroo like this.

"I-It was an accident! I was just scared that you might hurt Kenma!" Lev blurted out. Oh, that was a mistake.

People around the restaurant were panicking, at least 3 of them called the police, but the traffic was terrible.

"Me? Hurt Kenma?! Do you even realize what nonsense you are speaking?! I protected him before, I will protect him later, so you better start running or you'll regret being born!" Kuroo yelled, he tried to hang onto the last consciousness that he had.

And then Lev made the biggest mistake of his life.

He stood up, kept his head high and said:

"I'm not afraid of you anymore!"

Kenma couldn't even process what happened. Kuroo pushed him away and the next thing he heard was a weird sound escaping Lev's mouth. Thank god the security was fast enough to stop Kuroo.

~~

Later on Kenma learned from his sister that he came back home with a bleeding nose and a bruise on his cheek. After she asked Lev what happened he just answered:

"Simple fight"

Simple fight my ass, if not security Lev would be dead.

Of course that wasn't the only problem that Kenma faced. He had to calm down Kuroo. It wasn't an easy thing to do.

He kept blabbering over how stupid Lev is, which made Kenma realize.. They met before.

~~

"Kuroo, why do you know so much about Lev? Have you two met before?" Kenma asked as he played with Kuroo's hair to calm him down.

"Yeah, we have. It's a silly story. Me and Bokuto used to have this route to go home, we would pass Lev's house. At first he didn't say anything, but once when I was going alone he thought that he could pick on me. You know, he was a bit taller and probably thought that he was stronger aswell. He was wrong though. We are kinda enemies.. I don't know.. I don't like him.. Be careful around him" Kuroo said, his eyes were closed.

~~

He sighed loudly as he finished cleaning up. It was about time to close the cafe.

"Ah, Kenma, could you help me a bit? If it's not too much" Ennoshita asked.

"Sure" Kenma took the cloth and started cleaning other tables.

Ennoshita was a relief for Kenma. He was a newbie here, as he said - he needed a job to save up money for college. He was nice and always happy, always helpful.

He knew that he can tell Ennoshita anything.

After they both finished cleaning and checked if the manager had left, they locked the door and went home.

"Oh, would you like to go to my place? It's nearby!" Ennoshita suggested.

"Hmm.. Wait I'll call my boyfriend" Kenma said and took out his phone. He dialed Kuroo's number and waited.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kuroo. Look, I'm staying over my friends place tonight, is that okay?"

"Lev's?"

"Nope, Ennoshita's"

"Oh okay then, just call me in the morning, okay? I'll pick you up"

"Okay, love you"

"Love you too"

"He's protective, isn't he?" Ennoshita chuckled as he looked at Kenma.

"A bit, but I like it. I know that I'll always be safe" Kenma smiled to himself, remembering those times when Kuroo protected him from his own parents.

Speaking of, Kuroo's mother started her own business, which made them both very happy. Her bakery was truly the best and Kenma absolutely loved chocolate-coconut cupcakes she made.

Kenma's dad seemed to be happy with his wife as well, he still sent Kenma and Kuroo gifts, came for a visit a few times.

"We're here" Ennoshita said, shaking Kenma out of his thoughts.

"Oh. Nice" he said and as he stared at a nice small house.

"Let's go!" Ennoshiya said cheerfully and opened the door.

.

.

.

.

Ok so I wanted to do this for a looooooong time now, so if you would cooperate it would be great. I want to do a "Ask the character". Basically you submit as many questions as you want for one or for a few characters in this story. Please be nice and make the author happy by asking a lot. [CLOSED.]

Here is  the character list, just leave a comment asking one or a few questions:

Bokuto

Akaashi

Oikawa

Iwaizumi

Kuroo

Kenma

Daichi

Suga

Tendou

Ennoshita

Yamaguchi

Ushijima

Tsukishima

Matsukawa

Hanamaki

Kiyoko

Me (Hatari-san)

I have faith in you guys.

-hatari.