Chapter 20

"I don't know... I can't leave him alone.." Daichi had his hands on his head, it was spinning from all the information.

"Think about it, and tell me soon. Not much time is left" HE said and sighed. He then proceeded to turn around and walk away, leaving Daichi with his thoughts.

Daichi sighed loudly. He had to think about this very carefully, how will Suga react? Will he agree?

As he finally stood up, he didn't bother taking out his phone and texting Suga. He needed some time to think, so Daichi decided to head somewhere, he needed to clean his head.

As he walked by practically empty streets, he couldn't help, but recall the very first evening they stumbled upon the magical cafe, that allowed him to find someone who loved him for who he was.

A lot of time had passed since their first meeting, Daichi still couldn't forgive himself for not telling Suga the whole truth after he lost his memories.

I mean, he had no idea what happened to Akaashi, he forgot about his relationship with his mother, he forgot about Kiyoko. Speaking of, he was thankful that Kiyoko didn't remind him, he didn't Suga to remember all those bad times.

He sighed loudly as he continued walking through the familiar streets.

Just a few minutes later his feet brought him into the cafe that he and others now spent time in, it was truly a nice place.

As he walked inside he couldn't help, but notice newly added books, a couple of new plants. The smell of the cafe was always different, this time it smelled like fresh berries.

"Sawamura?" Suddenly a deep voice spoke, making Daichi take a step back.

"Ushijima?" Daichi panicked a bit, he was tired so fighting with Ushijima would mean injuries and serious trauma.

"Don't act so scared..please" he spoke in a bit gentler voice.

"What do you want?" Daichi stayed cautious, he didn't know what Ushijima had planned.

"I own this place, just wanted to ask if you're ordering the usual.." Ushijima said, he wasn't lying - Daichi could hear that in his tone.

"Yeah... Thanks" he said and watched as Ushijima walked away. Well, he didn't expect Ushijima to own the place, obviously because he was known as a bad person. What could have changed in almost two years?

"Here's your latte. Mind if we talk a bit?" he asked as he put the cup on the table. Daichi nodded, he was a bit shaken up, he didn't expect Ushijima to be this nice.

"What do you want to talk about?" Daichi noticed a change in his expression.

"I wanted to where I could find Iwaizumi and Oikawa.. I have an apology to say" He suddenly said, Daichi almost choked on his drink after hearing that.

"What? An apology? For what?" he asked, his eyes were wide.

"You know for what.. I did wrong those times, but I changed, I'm completely different now" Ushijima sighed loudly, he didn't seem to be lying, his voice seemed genuine.

"I'll tell you later... No funny business though.." Daichi couldn't help, but still feel a bit cautious. It was Ushijima after all.

"Thanks.. Also, can you give me some.. Uhm.. Relationship advice?" Ushijima asked another sudden question which made Daichi choke for real this time.

"What?" Daichi tried to regain his strength and breath.

"Basically.... I like this one guy, right? But there is one more guy who likes him.." Ushijima spoke quietly, clearly embarrassed to ask Daichi this kind of stuff.

"Tendou? The redhead?" Daichi looked as Ushijima nodded. "Who's the other guy?"

"Our friend Semi. I can't figure who Tendou likes more.. He's affectionate with both of us.." Ushijima sighed again.

"Why don't you just confess properly and see what he says? That's the easiest way" Daichi suggested, Ushijima seemed to agree with the idea.

This was the first time they had a proper conversation. Ushijima really did change. His tone was different, he seemed to have gotten rid of his old and bad habits.

After telling him where to find the ones he owns an apology to, Daichi headed out home. It was time to face the truth, he will tell Suga and ask for his opinion.

The closer he got to home, the heavier his legs felt. His heart started beating faster, damn he hasn't been this nervous since the day Suga woke up.

With shaking hands he unlocked the door and walked in.

"Welcome back!" Suga instantly greeted him and ran to hug him.

"Hey, something smells really nice" Daichi said as he inhaled deeply.

"Yeah, I'm making something new! Come I'll show you" Suga said cheerfully and dragged Daichi to the kitchen. Something was cooking in the oven.

"What's that?" Daichi asked as he was still confused.

"Okay, so basically I made dough, put sauce, chicken and cheese on it, rolled it like a sushi and cut it in pieces. It's like pizza, but better!" Suga said proudly.

"I bet it will taste amazing! I have something to say though..." Daichi felt his heartbeat getting quicker again.

"What is it?" Suga asked. He was smiling brightly, there was flour in his hair and on his cheek, his hair was messy..

"Uhm... The boss wants me to fly to Spain for seminars and such... For a year"

.

.

.

.

.

--

Sorry it took so long! I'm trying to get back on track!

We have reached the peak of this book as all the problems have been revealed - What's left is to solve them, so I guess this fanfic is heading towards the end.

-hatari