Chapter 22

~continues from the last Kuroken chapter~

"Kuroo, wait! I can explain!" Kenma shouted as he tried to catch up with the other boy, but he couldn't.

Kuroo wasn't aure if what he saw was real or no, his mind was a mess and his heart had shattered into billions of pieces.

He couldn't care less about the fact that Kenma was trying to catch up, he couldn't even stand seeing him right now. There he was thinking that everything is fine, he even rejected going to an university, because he wanted to stay with Kenma.. And now.. How could he possibly bear seeing the person that he loves the most kissing another person?

He didn't look where he ran, he let his feet guide him. Soon the steps behind him stopped and he was left all by himself.

When he finally looked up and wiped the tears from his eyes, he noticed that he was in a very spot where he apologized to Kenma a couple of years ago. It was an emotional evening for both of them.

To think that the roles would switch just like that..

He sat down on a bench and closed his eyes, he listened to the sounds surrounding him, oddly enough it was rather quiet.

When Kuroo opened his eyes he saw a clear night sky, the stars were shining and the moon was providing enough light to create an amazing scenery around him.

He felt his phone buzz once.. Then twice... It kept on buzzing, but Kuroo didn't want to check his messages.

Kuroo closed his eyes again and a memory flowed in his head.

~~

"Kuroo, help me a bit" Kenma whined as he almost threw his math textbook at a wall.

"Show me.. Oh, this is easy. Are you really graduating this year? Because if you can't solve this then I have bad news for you.." Kuroo laughed as he saw the problem that he was dealing with.

"Don't laugh. I'm not a math genius like you. Ugh, I'll probably graduate and stay here.. I don't think I'll even take entrance exams" Kenma fell onto the bed and relaxed, he didn't even want to think about school.

"Not everyone attends one. Maybe I should just work with my mom.. Then we could all stay together" Kuroo smiled to himself.

"Sounda pretty good, I don't think I can survive without you" Kenma laughed.

"Yeah, who else would take away your phone and tell you to go to sleep" Kuroo shuffled closer to Kenma and pulled him into an embrace.

"What if we ever fall out?" Kenma suddenly asked.

"Eh, why would you ask that? I love you to death, so don't worry" Kuroo hugged Kenma tighter.

"It's just an if situation. Just imagine" Kenma wrapped his arms around Kuroo's waist and his his face in his chest.

"Hmm.. I don't know.. If we're being honest, I would probably go through a lot of pain.. Just the thought of not having you in my arms is...scary"

~~

Kuroo's phone buzzed again for the millionth time, he didn't bother to check it. He just kept his head high and let the tears slowly roll down his cheeks.

"Kuroo.." he suddenly heard a voice.

In a dim street light he saw a familiar figure, he was panting and trying to catch his breath.

"You shouldn't have come" Kuroo spoke and turned his head away.

"Kuroo, we have to talk about this" Kenma said as he stepped forward, yet he kept his distance.

"What is there to talk about, Kenma? I'd like some alone time.." Kuroo knew that if he would take one look at his face, the emotions would explode.

"Kuroo, our relationship depends on this. We have to talk! You told me yourself that communication is the key to a successful relationship" Kenma didn't dare to step forward, it was his fault after all. Who in their right mind would agree to kiss another person, when they already have someone?

"What relationship? I was thinking, you know, we had so many good and happy moments. We had our emotional moments too. Remember two years ago I was in your place? I was apologizing for what I did, for my words... Oh, how the time changes people" Kuroo kept on staring at the sky.

"Kuroo, what are you saying..." Kenma wasn't sure if he wanted to hear what Kuroo was about to say.

"I'm saying that this was long time coming. Think about it.. Ever since that day two years ago we haven't been that close, we spend the majority of time away from eachother, we also kept on having pointless fights about pointless things. You.. You kept on lying to me.. Did you really think I didn't notice you in the cafe that day when you and Lev were hanging out.. Hell, even the intimacy between us went to a level below zero.. And now you just casually kiss another guy...Kenma.. This... I can't do this anymore" Kuroo finally turned to Kenma, a heartbreaking smile on his face, tears falling from his eyes.

"Yes, I agree to what you said, but can't we work on this? You're not saying...." Kenma' eyes went wide.

"I think we should take a break from eachother... See other people.. I don't think we're working out" Kuroo spoke and with these words his heart completely shattered.

.

.

.

.

.

:)

-hatari.