Chapter 13

Bokuto felt as if the world was slowly abandoning him.

First, he came back home a couple of days ago and found Akaashi in a rather worrying state.

~
The door was unlocked.

Akaashi's shoes, which would always be placed nicely, were scattered around, his coat was on the ground. A bad feeling washed over Bokuto.

He stayed silent until he heard a sob coming from the living room. He hurried there and found his precious angel on the ground, rocking back and forward, tears spilling, body shaking, having trouble breathing.

He quickly pulled him into his arms, trying to calm him down, but Akaashi started crying harder, mumbling words. Bokuto couldn't quite catch them.

He always knew what to do when Akaashi had a panic attack, but now he was just so lost, he forgot everything. He still managed it somehow, after a few minutes Akaashi calmed down, still clinging onto Bokuto he started apologizing.

~~

Well that was only the first thing that happened.

Next were a billion texts from Kuroo with pictures of Akaashi in a cafe with some guy, a video of them talking. He wanted to ask Akaashi, he did, but Akaashi was in a state where one word could break him, so Bokuto decided to ask him later.

And today was a day when the third thing happened.

It was lunch time.

"Akaashi! I made lunch!" Bokuto yelled, making ramen was probably the only thing he knew how to cook, but he knew how much Akaashi loved it.

He heard footsteps and soon Akaashi appeared. Since the panic attack he hasn't been talking much, but all that Bokuto needed was a reassuring smile.

And yet he couldn't help, but notice how tired Akaashi looked. He was having nightmares again, wasn't he?

Akaashi stood there for a minute, looking at the food before looking up at Bokuto and shaking his head.

"I'm not that hungry.." he said quietly.

"Akaashi.. You need to eat. All you ate yesterday were two sandwiches and a banana" Bokuto pointed out. He didn't want to force Akaashi to do anything now, he was fragile.

"I'm sorry.. But I'm really not hungry" he said. Bokuto walked over to him and pulled him into a warm hug.

"Promise me that you'll stay strong, okay?" Bokuto asked quietly, kissing Akaashi's forehead.

"I promise.." He answered and hid his face in Bokuto's chest.

Bokuto really didn't want Akaashi to suffer again, he suffered enough, then again he should also think about himself.

At around 4 PM the mailman arrived, giving Bokuto two letters. Those were from the university.

He already knew that Oikawa managed to get into the same one as Iwaizumi, and he was happy for them. That's why he and Akaashi chose a university that isn't very high class, but still great.

He hurried upstairs and walked into their bedroom, Akaashi was on their bed, reading Goethe's Faust.

He liked classical books.

"Akaashi, the letters arrived" Bokuto said and jumped onto the bed. He handed Akaashi his.

Akaashi slowly took it, his hands were trembling a bit. He tore it open and looked inside.

"Oh, I'm accepted" he said surprised. Bokuto didn't even look at how he tore open the letter.

"Congrats!!!! Now we will go to the university togeth---" he stopped speaking.

He looked at his letters noticing only a few words "...unfortunately, we cannot accept you into the uni...."

"Bokuto-san?" Akaashi asked a bit stressed.

Bokuto put his letter away and looked at Akaashi. He smiled.

"Let's go celebrate, okay?" he suggested. He watched as Akaashi nodded, a small smile creeping onto his face.

He couldn't ruin the moment now, could he?

.

.

.

.
Ah, holidays are coming.
You guys are getting a present from me on December 24th.
-hatari.