Chapter 23

Iwaizumi really hated hospitals, too many hurtful things have happened here. And yet he was here again, waiting for the nurse.

He remembered these hallways very vividly, the only difference is that he was the one injured before, he was the one in pain.

"Iwaizumi Hajime?" a nurse appeared.

"Yes?" Iwaizumi stood up, his heart was beating rapidly.

"You may see Oikawa Tooru now, the doctor will explain his situation a bit later" the nurse gave him a warm smile and walked away. Iwaizumi took a deep breath and walked forward.

The hospital room was familiar, after all it was the same one where Iwaizumi was before.

"Hey.." Oikawa spoke as he saw him walk in. Iwaizumi hurried to his side.

"Do you know how much you scared me?" Iwaizumi asked as he held Oikawa's hand tightly.

"I'm sorry, I just... I didn't think it was this serious" Oikawa said, his voice trembled as he saw how worried Iwaizumi was. "Did I fail being a good boyfriend?"

"What? No. You're the best, I just wish you have told me sooner. But it's okay, you're leg will heal soon, right?" Iwaizumi looked up and saw a sign of tears in Oikawa's eyes.

"The doctor said that this injury is temporary.. It's permanent... He said I'll need help if I walk for too long.. I'm sorry.. I'm a burden, aren't I? I'm spoiled, I can't look after myself..." Oikawa started dragging himself into the void of existential crisis, but Iwaizumi was fast to pull him back up.

"Look, it doesn't matter to me. I love your spoiled self, and even if  you were absolutely crippled, even if you weren't able to move anymore I would still stay with you... You're my everything" Iwaizumi said. He felt Oikawa squeeze his hand tighter. Before he could notice there were tears streaming down his face.

"I love you" Oikawa whispered. Words couldn't describe the happiness that he was feeling. How come he's so lucky? What planet is Iwaizumi from? He's so perfect, he seems like a dream.

"I love you too. We'll focus on you getting better, okay?" Iwaizumi placed a kiss on Oikawa's hand.

"How about volleyball? I promised you that I will play" Oikawa remembered his promise.

"It's fine. I'll be fine as long as you come to see my games. You will have a lot of time to study astronomy, I know how much you like it. I'm getting my drivers license soon too, so we won't have to worry about walking to University. Okay?" Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa, his eyes were full of hope and reassurement.

"Okay.. That sounds good to me" he answered and sunk into his hospital bed, he was relieved.

He thought that Iwaizumi might be mad at him for not telling him about the pain sooner, he thought that the things would go in a much worse way, and yet here he was smiling like and idiot whilst holding Iwaizumi's hand.

Isn't he the luckiest person on earth?

Later on Iwaizumi met with the doctor who explained what happened in a bit more detail, it wasn't as serious as Iwaizumi thought it would be, so it was a relief.

He took Oikawa home, made sure he's comfortable, bought themselves a ton of junkfood and shuffled closer to Oikawa.

"Hey, I want to tell you something" Oikawa suddenly said as the movie ended.

"What is it?" Iwaizumi asked as he turned his head to him, he was surprised when Oikawa kissed him.

"I love you the most"
.

.

.

.

.
I know it's short, but these are the last chapters so I'm just solving their problems.

-hatari