Did I Ever Tell Y'all....

Did I ever tell y'all that in 2011 we went 6 months without power?
Well, we did. It was because we had just moved to a new house and my step dad had rearage on his DP&L bill. That means he owed A LOT of money to the power company. Like over $2,000 in owed money! Yeah. So for 6 months he payed little by little and we finally got out power turned back on.
Oh and it was in the middle of winter.
Our neighbor let us run an extension cord from her house to ours. We hooked up a WOK (cooking utility) and cooked with that and boiled water for baths. Yes. Baths.
We hooked up a little heater for the living room and we all slept on a pull out bed in the living room.
My step dad, mom, brother and I with our 5 dogs.
Yep. This actually happened.
6 months of this.
Of course I would sometimes go over to my grandma's house. She had power.

We have also went a couple months without water. That was horrible. We would go over to my grandma's for showers and such and buy gallons of water at the store for cooking and toilet flushing.

I have more stories to tell. I will write them on a later date.
If you're wondering why I'm writing this the way I am, WONDER NO LONGER!
When I get older I will be writing a full length memoir. This is a memoir of sorts... Hence the tags.
This is.... Notes. I write this all down so when I'm ready to write my full length memoir I have notes.

If you like memoirs or heart wrenching stories I suggest you go read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls!
ASAP
HURRY
GO
NOW